Day 5: 6:00 A.M. - 7:00 A.M.

Aired Monday 9:00 PM May 22, 2006 on FOX

• The best finale of 24 since Season 1's classic.

The 5th of 8 horrible, horrible days in Jack Bauer's life is my favorite so far. Absolutely amazingly exciting with amazing plot twists and turns. There was never an episode without some kind of revelation at the end and plotlines didn't drown themselves.

But these final 8 episodes....holy crap how much more intense can you possibly get? Some of my favorite characters that were previously just in the background - Aaron Pierce and Mike Novack - finally get their chances to shine this season. Also the fact that Logan was behind everything was completely shocking when they revealed it in Episode 16, and the execution of the big reveal was even more impressive.

In this episode everything comes to a head. No loose ends from the season are left untied. No plot holes. The fact that the president was behind it all made no sense at first, and with this finale it is all explained. Charles Logan's actor (forgetting the name) shows some true acting talent with the emotional scenes with Martha and the scene where Jack hijacked the helicopter literally had me jumping up and down.

Day 5 killed off a lot of our favorite characters. Palmer, Michelle, Tony and Edgar. New characters that I was beginning to like such as McGuillwas killed off, which puts them in the "gone too early" club, which is not something easy to get into.

Kim is annoying as hell and I wanted to punch her boyfriend in the face. Thank god she is not a main character anymore.

But the best thing about this finale, is the ending cliffhanger. Jack's past comes back to bite him in the buttox. Extremely shocking and well written.

My favorite seasons of 24: