Day 6: 4:00 A.M. - 5:00 A.M.

Aired Monday 9:00 PM May 21, 2007 on FOX

• Hey, the season's almost finished. Yipee!

This happens at least once every season. CTU has orders to do something or other, but Jack is all like "No man, that's totally not the way to go!" and CTU is all "Button it up, Jack! These are orders we're talking about!" Jack finds some way to go rogue and managed to single-handedly prove that he was right all along, and pretty much everyone on the planet apologizes profusely. Honestly, by this point you'd think they would've made Jack himself head of CTU, so that way whoever's in charge doesn't have to constantly kiss the man's feet.

That said, this episode wasn't so bad. There were a lot of good character moments. Whatever else has gone horribly wrong this year, I think I have to give credit where credit is due - the writers have taken three characters who were wholly unlikable charicatures upon their first appearance (that being Doyle, Daniels, and Lennox) and managed to make them into halfway likeable characters - if only they could've accomplished this sooner (for Doyle and Daniels anyway), this season might've been a heck of a lot more enjoyable. The only trouble is that it looks like these characters will give their final bows in the next hour, as it seems that Jack is pretty much going to be the only returning character next year, what with the Big Overhaul and all - not that the show doesn't desperately need it.

The episode is still suffering from a bit of bad writing and the ghosts of previous episodes - Stuart Pressman's entire purpose seemed to remind everyone who forgot that Milo died a couple of episodes ago and that they should be sad. Oh, and also to let Nadia know that Milo was crazy about her, for all the good it does her now - not that we didn't already know that, what with all of Milo's creepy behavior around the middle of the season.

Overall, not a horrible episode. I'm still annoyed by the fact that it's all "Russia-America" and no "China" and that Cheng has been pushed out of the limelight as the main villain of this arc, but it's not a bad way to begin the send-off of the season. Hopefully the final hour isn't too ridiculous.