Day 6: 4:00 A.M. - 5:00 A.M.

Aired Monday 8:00 PM May 21, 2007 on FOX

• Plot: Doyle is badly injured in the hand off with Cheng. The President launches an air strike on Phillip Bauer’s cool new hideout. Jack saves the day. The ticking of the clock was the only thing that kept me awake. TV reviews at www.lifereviewed.com

Plot: Doyle is badly injured in the hand off with Cheng. The President launches an air strike on Phillip Bauer’s cool new hideout. Jack saves the day. The ticking of the clock was the only thing that kept me awake. Wow, I can’t believe how boring this finale was. I found the two hours actually painfully slow. I couldn’t decide which would be a better use of my time, doing my ironing, balancing my budget or watching Josh and Doyle sit on a park bench for forty minutes! Being lazy I chose to watch.

I considered doing a separate review for the two episode finale, but honestly there is so little worth mentioning it makes more sense to just combine them and be done with it. Over half of the first episode is spent waiting for Phillip Bauer’s goons to pick up Josh. As predicted by Jack, and pretty much anyone with a functional brain, the bad guys had no intention of turning over the component. Doyle is seriously injured in the explosive trap. It looked like he took the blast right in the eye. That’s what she said.

Karen uses her famine wiles to convince her husband to free Jack from custody. After an intense game of chicken, Bill forces Jack’s convoy off the road and together, they overpower the guards. They head straight for the hand off, but arrive too late. Jack experiences a Vulcan mind meld with his father and figures out that he is on an abandoned oil platform. I guess the abandoned warehouse, factory, and mine were already being used for other nefarious purposes.

The President decides that the best way to insure the component is destroyed is to blow up the platform with everyone on it. Poor Josh, just like your father you have to be scarified for the good of your country. Jack can’t allow this to happen and with Bill’s help they commandeer a helicopter and race to save Josh before the F-18s arrive.

The strike on the oil platform is the only time during the entire two hours where your heart rate may actually start to beat again. Jack goes all out commando and owns up on all the bad guys. Josh is rescued, Cheng is in CTU custody and his father and the component are at the bottom of the ocean, not a bad day’s work. But wait, its not over.

We still have to suffer through Jack’s confrontation with Audrey’s father. A drenching wet Bauer enters the house, with the intent to kill. “Look man, you can do whatever you want to my horse faced daughter, just get the hell out of here!” Jack vents about being used by the powers that be and his frustration at being left in China. Despite his animalistic rage, Jack is talked out of interfering in Audrey’s life. As much as he wants to settle down with her, deep down, the heart of a restless warrior beats. Parting Thought: Day seven, viewers finally get what they have been asking for, a whole day devoted to Chloe and Morris!
    www.lifereviewed.com