Day 7: 5:00 A.M. - 6:00 A.M.

Aired Monday 8:00 PM May 11, 2009 on FOX

• How many facial expressions for "Look at me, I'm eeeevil" does Tony Almeida have, anyway?

Tony sends Jibraan and the canister into the subway, and Jack races to stop the prion's release. See, that's how you move butts closer to seat edges.

With Hodges dead, Olivia goes into freakout mode, and the ever-observant Pierce gets suspicious and calls Kanin back into the fray. Good to see neither of these two being wasted in these final hours, especially since this'll be the former's last hurrah (really, what's with that?).

Also, Kim just couldn't get out of this season without landing back in familiar damsel territory. I could almost hear your collective groans at this all-too-predictable turn of events, yet it seems nobody could predict where the writers would end up taking that.

Chloe and Janis bicker. I myself still groan at the pointlessness of it all.

A fine mini-conclusion after the preceding lack of luster (guhwuh?). Plus, I still welcome Tony's continued villainy. But the story isn't flowing nearly as smoothly as it was earlier this season; instead of steadily but confidently building up to the finale, it feels like the writers are struggling to meet their 24-episode quota. Oh, well. Even though the Final Six as a whole don't reach their potential, the two remaining hours are enough time to make Jack's final (*scoff*) morning a tad more hellish, and my life that much more entertained.

Hourly Highlight:

Jack punching Tony over. And over. And over. And over. And over...