Day 7: 9:00 A.M. - 10:00 A.M.

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jan 11, 2009 on FOX

• PreCIPitation

The FBI's perimeters prove far more effective than CTU's as henchman Alan Tanner is actually trapped. However, the old mole storyline returns as an FBI turncoat helps Tanner escape. And he certainly won't be the only mole today. Yes, this is the first season since S1 where moles are a crucial and premeditated part of the story rather than some cheap waste of script space.
    Jack and Renee covertly follow Tanner and capture Tony, but they're too late to retrieve the CIP module, which has been handed over to Juma's right-hand man (and our first Bigbad) Iké Dubaku. But at least Tony got to play with it first by almost crashing two planes. It's always fun to gauge the American public reaction to that kind of TV.
    Not much going on elsewhere. Taylor learns of the air traffic threat and Henry angrily confronts Roger's girlfriend Samantha Roth, only to get accused of paranoia. The presidential storylines are still building up to their full potential; for now we'll have to settle for Jack, his new FBI buddies, and his friend-turned-enemy-turned…oh, we haven't gotten to that.
    The pacing of this episode is as fast as "24" has ever been, but it doesn't feel as ridiculous as S4 or S6. That's because the writers have learned a valuable lesson in toning down the scale, which will help S7 greatly (at least for the first ten hours).

Hourly Highlight:
    Jack fighting Tony, which is what we should've gotten in S2 instead of a fridgin' broken ankle.