Day 8: 2:00 A.M. - 3:00 A.M.

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Mar 08, 2010 on FOX

• Since the mid point of the eighth season is nearly upon us, the writers deliver an strong transitional episode which will lead to an important twist on the next installment.

This season of "24" has been mixed so far. While there is potential as always, there have been many wasted opportunities because of the way the writers handled the execution. Take it, for example, the stupid Dana Walsh subplot, which doesn't improve at all and refuses to end. This is an unfortunate situation because this has been contributing to the many bad reviews of the season thus far. As usual, there are always the high points: Jack's plot is the highlight of the episode, especially his cold threat to Marcos. While the threat to a terrorist's loved one isn't a new idea, this sixteen minute act is handled perfectly, combined with great dialogue and acting. After 11 episodes, there's still time to use the potential of the good storylines. I support a slow pace when we have interesting conflicts, but with this season, there have been several flaws. Hopefully, this strong episode can provide a definitive improvement over the rest of the (maybe final) season.