Day 8: 4:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M.

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jan 17, 2010 on FOX

• Strong beginning to the eighth season, although not so much surprises and action as the previous premieres.

All of 24 season premieres always set up quite nicely the rest of a season, they always feature at least one action sequence and interesting character dynamics. Last year, we had the return of Tony Almeida, but in Day 8, apparently not coming back, it belongs to Jack and the new characters to carry the show. The episode begins showing a happy Jack for the first time since Season 4, and although it's brief and predictable that his happiness won't last long, nonetheless it's a refreshing change of pace. More than ever, Jack now has more reasons to resist coming back into his old world.

The plot was generally interesting and we had good action in the last 5 minutes. However, I consider this to be the weakest of the season openers, although that doesn't mean this episode is bad. It's not, but I think it lacks a liitle bit some of the shock value or adrenaline rush of the previous seasons.