Day 8: 4:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M.

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jan 17, 2010 on FOX

• Beginning of the End

The first episode of Season 8 is a mixed bag when compared to the likes of the Season 4 and 5 first episodes during the 4 night premiere. With each of those episodes we're propelled into a vortex of action, emotion and suspense whereas the opposite is true of this episode.

Albeit it is still a good episode better than most stuff on TV then and today it just seemed a little slower than the rest of the series. I loved seeing Jack playing with Teri watching cartoons, it was nice diversion to see Jack happy again after so long but of course as we all know that won't be for long.

The setup of the new characters is fleshing out nicely but at this point I can't say who is my favorite (although I've seen this season will save for later) it's a change of pace to see Dana (Katee Sackhoff) outpacing Chloe in this environment contrasted to last season with the competitive juices flowing between Janis and Chloe.

I do like the fact with this season they are calling back to the good ole days of Season 1 with a more personal attack on President Hassan this time thus having Jack pulled back into a life he soon wants to forget.