Day 8: 5:00 A.M. - 6:00 A.M.

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Mar 29, 2010 on FOX

• Another week, another weak episode from the horrible eight season.

The downfall of 24 continues. In this ep, the president suddenly reappears after who knows how many hours, just to task Jack Bauer for a seemingly ordinary task. But guess what? At the same time there are bad guys at the government, and they want to give in to the terrorists' demands to hand over president Hassan. What a surprise. Then we get a couple of pointless scenes about what's right or wrong, before another huge action scene with lots of shooting - which was pretty much the only enjoyable thing. And the episode finally ends with the timer on the bomb starting to tick. My guess is that 15 minutes is just enough for Jack to make it to the car and disarm it in the next episode. I hope I'm wrong.

While Jack had been developed into a superhero in the past seasons, this year he has been just too good. He has pretty much guessed right every move the terrorists make. And of course, a possibly broken rib doesn't slow him down at all. And just a few hours ago, he was tortured by the Russians.

Starb--, err Dana Walsh is certainly better as a villain, but the storyline is just too incredible and about the hundredth repeat of the mole at CTU story. And no one at CTU suspects anything (except Jack of course), they just lost the satellite video feed for a few seconds... Overall yet another weak episode that manages to reuse storylines from the past seasons. They might have worked previously, but a large part of 24 is the surprise element. As the writers have run out of new or good ideas, it really is time to end the show - hopefully on a high, though it will be quite a mountain to climb after such a horrendous first half of the season.