Day 8: 5:00 A.M. - 6:00 A.M.

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Mar 29, 2010 on FOX

• '5am-6am' continues the joyous ride down predictable boulevard and contrite lane with it's regurgitated plot lines and cheap thrills.

'5am-6am' continues the joyous ride down predictable boulevard and contrite lane with it's regurgitated plot lines and cheap thrills. Katz and Gansa do a bang up job this hour driving the viewers to insanity with this DanaJenny mole nonsense, first to say that there are more holes in this plot then a piece of Swiss cheese, they insult the viewers intelligence by inferring that she has been working with the terrorists since hour 1 then have her blatantly make a call to Samir in the operation center right in front of everyone?! Oh Come on. Hey writers you must have had amnesia because what made Nina Myers such an awesome mole and that reveal so shocking is because we slowly got to know and trust Nina just like Jack had for the seven years prior to Day 1 but oh no can't leave that tried plot device alone let's just go to Mole's 'R Us and pick us a nice sell out with no like-ability then just cause we cornered ourselves into a wall magically DanaJenny is a mole cause now we have no further narrative to explore with this god awful character.

Now let's move on the even more contrite that is the inevitable coup orchestrated by Weiss and General Douchebag. Again could not agree more with screenagedkicks this overused plot thread needs to be put out to pasture and skinned!! The coup from season 2 was expertly done and crafted compared this crap seriously I'm starting to concur with screenagedkicks that the writers have a checklist they mark off with each passing episode. Hey here's a thought how about we actually have an outline for the season and craft out an engaging plot without reverting to old tired ideas oh but no that would be too hard for our pea brained professional script writers!

Re-watching this season three years after watching it air originally pains me to realize that 24 went downhill at a record pace never to rehabilitate itself to it's former glory. Day 5 was the truly last great season of 24 only to be slightly redeemed with Day 7 then hit the pavement hard leaving a wake of blood and destruction in it's path.