24 Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Anyone missing 24?

24_season_5

[1]Nov 14, 2010
    • level: 3

Its been a few months now since 24 ended for good after its eight series but is anyone missing it so bad? would you have been happy if fox renewed it for a 9th series or do you think day 8 was a good season to end the show?

I would have been happy if they was a 9th series as 24 could have gone on for a couple of more seasons to be honest!

I enjoyed series 8 as it was brilliant and gripping final and the ending with chloe and jack in the final minutes of the show was heartbreaking and really sad, did anyone have a tear in your eye or was it just me?

I am really missing 24 as everytime a new series starts i always wanted it to become january at this time when its christmas even though i live in the UK But we would still get it after 1 week after it airs in the states.

Lets Hope we don't have to wait to long for the movie! now at the moment i am starting 24 reruns on dvd and i am on series 2 at the moment and i am going to watch all way through right up to series 8. I have not got series 8 yet but i am going to get it this week on blu-ray as i have series 1 to 6 on dvd plus redemption and day 7 on blu-ray!

Edited on 11/14/2010 11:06pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

agent_0042

[2]Nov 15, 2010
    • level: 66
    I... don't know. I get your point, but the thing is, except for maybe the first couple of seasons or so, FOX always, always, always premiered the new seasons of the show in January. Ask again once it's February or so.

Oh, and I don't know if it's true, but I heard that for at right now, at least, the movie version is on a train track to nowhere. Nothing is being developed at the moment, apparently.

HUSSEIN24

[3]Nov 16, 2010
    • level: 7
    We all miss the best show in the universe 24 ,,,,,,,,,,,,
    jack Bauer for ever ...... i hope they can make one more season

dex073

[4]Nov 21, 2010
    • level: 11

I'm rewatching all 8 seasons in the row i have 2 months of holidays and rain almost everyday with cold and a small town with nothing to do in it so plenty of time for jack bauer, i do miss it a lot, and now it's time for season 4

collabo

[5]Nov 29, 2010
    • level: 4

i personally miss the most innovative show of ourtime. i pray that fox brings 24 back for one last season. the movies can always be done in the future. pick up a good story line like season 1 or 5 or even 3 then bring one last blockbuster season. i think there is still alot of creative mateial in the show that we can still look up to. i would like one last season to bridge the story from season 1 to season 9. where everything i connected to jack's first worst day.

RosemaryEllis

[6]Dec 2, 2010
    • level: 1

More 24 required!!! Make more serious its great.

hapat

[7]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 14
    Yeah I miss not anticipating the next season. Plus with no news on the movie, it just sucks.

brain05

[8]Dec 8, 2010
    • level: 15
    I'm starting to miss it now that it's getting closer to the time when the show would usually start. By now we'd be seeing previews of the new season and I'm starting to notice it's absence. I can't wait for news about the future movie.

avaloncraven

[9]Dec 8, 2010
    • level: 3

Everyday I miss it. Lots of series is going forever, like smalwille, csi stuff, law and orders...and don't see why 24 had to end...It is better than all others together.It should come back, but I know it won't

ArtCorvelay

[10]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 8

Do I miss 24??? Hell to the yeah!!! I like many others am rewatching all of the previous days, which I do at least once a year... when Jan 14th rolls around and there is no 4 hour premiere I will beeven moredepressed about it.

And what is happening with the movie??????? I fit doesn't happen soon it will likely not at all capture the feel of the series (much like the Star Trek movies didn't).

Saiyans91

[11]Dec 10, 2010

Missing 24 alot! My 24 fix is a bit contained by re watching the previous seasons! Cant wait for the movie!

CjTl2005

[12]Dec 12, 2010
    • level: 11
    agent_0042 wrote:
    I... don't know. I get your point, but the thing is, except for maybe the first couple of seasons or so, FOX always, always, always premiered the new seasons of the show in January. Ask again once it's February or so.

My thoughts exactly.

DennisYu1

[13]Dec 13, 2010

I love Jack Bauer

Timewhisper

[14]Dec 15, 2010
    • level: 7
    Oh yes I miss it. They should have had one last season to wrap it up, maybe bring back Tony, and he and Jack must work together, much to Jack's chagrin. But it's not to be and there's no use fretting about it. I look forward to the movie when it comes out. Who knows, maybe there will be multiple movies.

tooltime

[15]Dec 18, 2010
    • level: 12

24_season_5 wrote:

Its been a few months now since 24 ended for good after its eight series but is anyone missing it so bad? would you have been happy if fox renewed it for a 9th series or do you think day 8 was a good season to end the show?

I would have been happy if they was a 9th series as 24 could have gone on for a couple of more seasons to be honest!

I enjoyed series 8 as it was brilliant and gripping final and the ending with chloe and jack in the final minutes of the show was heartbreaking and really sad, did anyone have a tear in your eye or was it just me?

I am really missing 24 as everytime a new series starts i always wanted it to become january at this time when its christmas even though i live in the UK But we would still get it after 1 week after it airs in the states.

Lets Hope we don't have to wait to long for the movie! now at the moment i am starting 24 reruns on dvd and i am on series 2 at the moment and i am going to watch all way through right up to series 8. I have not got series 8 yet but i am going to get it this week on blu-ray as i have series 1 to 6 on dvd plus redemption and day 7 on blu-ray!

I can assure you it wasn't just you! I was a bit of a mess.

I miss 24 so very, very much. But at least the show ended while it was still exceptional, same can't be said about one current long running show...

FredrikPersson1

[16]Dec 23, 2010
    • level: 5

I loved the show and would not mind a new "24" show but honestly, a 9th season with the same setup would be pushing it.. Maybe a new cast, or at least with new leads and a fresh start would be better because after 8 seasons it's starting to get a little repetitive to be honest. It's a great concept though..

croussant

[17]Dec 24, 2010
    • level: 4

I loved 24 but I was ready for it to end. It was so intense that sometimes it was almost unbearable -- I mean that in a good way. It's a little easier to take on Itunes since you don't have to wait a week from cliffhanger to cliffhanger. On TV, it was six months on the edge of my seat, which I loved but it was nerve-wracking. The watered-down Monday replacement 'The Event' on NBC is not as intense, so it's easier to wait a week.

GurmeetSingh1

[18]Dec 24, 2010

24 should never be stopped. The irony is after watching 24 all other shows looks lacklusture stale and even action sequences moving like tortoise. Miss it immensely. Havent got anything to stick on after 24. Any suggestions please.

GurmeetSingh1

[19]Dec 24, 2010
    Yeah they change frequently. But I miss Tony and michelle very much.

roadrunner1218

[20]Dec 29, 2010
    Add me to the list of 24 devotees. I just checked the Status entry which says "Ended" ... [Sigh] So another of the best shows on Earth bites the dust.

There's no reason not to continue this series, and if Kiefer doesn't want to do it any more they could introduce a replacement and have him hand the reigns over, so to speak. The plot possibilities are endless. They don't even have to keep it L.A.-centric; such a character could be send anywhere in the world for a 24-hour mission. Goodness knows there are enough different types of threats to privide unique plots for the next 20 seasons.