24 Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Anyone missing 24?

apjccjqa

[21]Jan 4, 2011
    • level: 9

I miss 24. With it and LOST gone, and with Prison Break & Heroes also over (for the two latter programs it was clearly time), my favorite TV shows have dropped dramatically.

I've been watching Dexter, Fringe, and Chuck as my new 1hr serial dramas/action shows. Fringe has really stepped it up in late s2 and in s3. Chuck is great all around. Dexter is great too, but just not on as often.

Oh, I started watching Burn Notice too. It's OK. It's easy to watch and entertaining, but doesn't pull you in as much.

Luckily there's a lot of good comedies still, The Office, Modern Family, Always Sunny, The League to name a few. But the drama/action shows are my favorites to obsess over.

If anyone has any other shows similar to my tastes let me know, I'd love more to get into!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

qz23

[22]Jan 5, 2011
    • level: 5
    I miss 24 too!
    It's the best serie of the series!
    I thought they will reach the 10nd season!
    It's all I pray! jeje!!!!

FrankNegron

[23]Jan 5, 2011
    • level: 1

Too bad there isn't a ninth season with CTU headquarter inNew York Cityand back drop. I was really hoping the network would have seen value in extending the seasons.

Nickylucas

[24]Jan 6, 2011
    • level: 23

GurmeetSingh1 wrote:

24 should never be stopped. The irony is after watching 24 all other shows looks lacklusture stale and even action sequences moving like tortoise. Miss it immensely. Havent got anything to stick on after 24. Any suggestions please.

Burn Notice is a good replacement. It is currently my favorite show and has4 seasons. Buy Season 1 on iTunes and see what you think, it's truley a master show. Season 1 has 12 episodes, Season 2 & 3 have 16 and Season 4 has 18. Burn Notice doesn't dissapoint, especially in Season Finales. So...yeah.

Oh and about 24 I havn't seen Seasons 2-8 I've only seen Season 1 but I do plan to buy Season 2 on iTunes very soon because I enjoyed the first one.

DavePowell3

[25]Jan 15, 2011

As I see it the series 24 is not replaceable.

'24' was,action-packed, had a protagonist that was believable and not held to and political correct B.S. -sanctioned or not.

Twists and turnswould make any writer jealous...

Heck, I bet even Jeff Deaver was hooked.

The series The Event, seemed to take 24's place... ''The Event"-AKA-LAME.

The only series that perhaps comes close, is the BB C's MI 5.

Very well done.

In the mean-time I will continue writing my own. 'Ressurection'

Edited on 01/15/2011 6:07pm
    Edited 4 total times.

RobinCook

[26]Jan 16, 2011
    • level: 4

I've just done a marathon viewing of all 8 seasons of 24. It's a very well-scripted, -cast and -acted series and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I noticed the absence of Jack's daughter more and missed her presence to give Jack a bit more humanistic qualities alongside his one-man squadron character.

I do feel that the end of the series left Jack in an intriguing scenario for another season whereby both America and Russia would be after him. I was wondering if his father was going to reappear in the 8th season (possible he escaped from the oil rig), but they brought in Renee's murder to thrust Jack into becoming an emotionally-defunct driven suicide terrorist.

This series has had a lot of angles portrayed on the subject of terrorism and the fear that evolves to control the masses at all levels. Remove the terrorist component from this series and then there is nothing ... except maybe the fear. One thing that made this more fun to watch was the CTU design that wasn't a common baseline like the FBI or Homeland, etc. It took the hackneyed cop theme away from the picture creating a fantasy of intense actions and intelligent people going after the bad guys. The pecking-order-protocol-following bureaucracy bit did get a bit grating and when Jack said, "I really hate this place!" (in reference to CTU) I was surprised to hear an actual comment to this affect from him ... finally. I guess it was necessary to put in the annoyances to help the audience support Jack's rogue actions, but this script bit of boss versus flunky is bantered out too often ... and not just in this series.

The one constant over the series was Jack. It would be hard to find another actor to fill his shoes if they were considering a change. If that is considered, I would hope that the transition character would be carefully introduced. Sutherland was Jack, pure and simple. Is Jack gonna be back? I would have liked to have seen more of Marsden as well in the last season ... maybe he'll be cast again if another season comes about or movie(s).

I've got to say, that I'll miss this series. Considering the detailed content of each episode, I can't fathom movies to fill the bill. I think a 9th season would be successful. I really don't know why the series was canceled, but I hope they do revisit it at some time to consider another season, even if it is delayed for a year or two.

collabo

[27]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 4
    ever since 24 went off air tv hasn't been the same. i mean this show is so good no other serie has competed with the level it has been on for 10 yrs

kepa55

[28]Jan 27, 2011
    • level: 8

Strangely, no, I don't miss it. I think I realized I wasn't that hooked on 24 when S6 was such a let down and S7 was postponed. I'm glad they ended the show when it was still good-ish.

brain05

[29]Jan 28, 2011
    • level: 15
    Personally I think they should have ended the show a few seasons sooner when it was still at its peak. I think it went a couple seasons too long and got stretched too thin.

I think they should have done 5 seasons, not killed everyone in season 5, and then started doing movies. That would have given them the opportunity to make the series a more complete, whole story.

Then maybe the movie could have been an international story with Jack's friends busting him out of China.

t24f

[30]Mar 23, 2011

You may enjoy this parody........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdFeTeQ3Ukw

tooltime

[31]Apr 19, 2011
    • level: 12
    I get the sense S8 is becoming vastly underrated. The first half wasn't amazing by any stretch, but the second half os the season was perhaps the strongest block of eps of any season.

mwgfgrey

[32]Apr 20, 2011
    • level: 5

I'm sad that this show got canceled. I just got Netflix and was more of a Unit and Burn Notice guy myself, but I just started watching the entire series and I love it. I have a plan to watch about 4 episodes per day 6 days a week. Other than Burn Notice, no other show has made me think so much while watching it. I honestly thought Mason was a mole, but it just turns out he was trying to get to D.C. as quickly as possible. And you could tell Dennis Haysbert's character was fictional. No politician's that honest and has moral standards that high. That being said, I like him and all the other characters...except for Dennis haysbert's wife. It got to the point in the first season when I couldn't even look at her. It's just that good of a show. So I too would love if they brought it back for another season. I'm about 3 or 4 episodes into season 2 right now. Jack Bauer forever. His brother Eddie has the best clothing line ever. lol

TeresaMiller1

[33]Apr 22, 2011

This is a Canadian Actor, in my eyes very unique and caring in his different roles. He made this programso normal of life all around us. Of course with all the violents in the world, this should wake up our Top Leaders and trying a better way of resolving most of our problems and not trying to make out who is the best. Thank you Keifer Sutherland for being there, 24 has made it in my book, I do have every seanson and I am proud to watch them over and over again. If season 9 is made I will be there.

TeresaMiller1

[34]Apr 22, 2011

This is a Canadian Actor, in my eyes very unique and caring in his different roles. He made this programso normal of life all around us. Of course with all the violents in the world, this should wake up our Top Leaders and trying a better way of resolving most of our problems and not trying to make out who is the best. Thank you Keifer Sutherland for being there, 24 has made it in my book, I do have every seanson and I am proud to watch them over and over again. If season 9 is made I will be there.

Nickylucas

[35]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 23

mwgfgrey wrote:

I'm sad that this show got canceled. I just got Netflix and was more of a Unit and Burn Notice guy myself, but I just started watching the entire series and I love it. I have a plan to watch about 4 episodes per day 6 days a week. Other than Burn Notice, no other show has made me think so much while watching it. I honestly thought Mason was a mole, but it just turns out he was trying to get to D.C. as quickly as possible. And you could tell Dennis Haysbert's character was fictional. No politician's that honest and has moral standards that high. That being said, I like him and all the other characters...except for Dennis haysbert's wife. It got to the point in the first season when I couldn't even look at her. It's just that good of a show. So I too would love if they brought it back for another season. I'm about 3 or 4 episodes into season 2 right now. Jack Bauer forever. His brother Eddie has the best clothing line ever. lol

24 and Burn Notice are my two favorite shows. Both are excellent.

volvoxaureus

[36]Jun 13, 2011

Not really !!!

When i started to see the last season the first few episodes were OK until nuclear threat....same threat over and over again!!! Many seasons was about nuclear threats, it is just boring. I read someone idea from this forum I think it was very good idea: one season where Jack is escaping from Chinese prison, with help from outside. Not only that plot with terrorists and nuclear device. Season 7 was very good, no nuclear threat, no Arabian people.

Edited on 06/14/2011 2:23am

goldtop2007

[37]Jun 28, 2011
    • level: 14
    Season 1 is the best television I've ever seen, I literally watched the whole season in a couple of days. In total, one of the best ever. I do miss it, but I'm glad it ended before things got silly.
    Would love to see Kiefer doing something else though, really do miss the man!

Pammov889

[38]Jul 9, 2011
    • level: 2

Watching on Netflix instant just finished season 3 (yea! death to Sherry!) the whole season is online.

jackbauer89

[39]Oct 3, 2011
    im constantly re watching just like alot of others. to be honest, i would rather a 9th season, which is the worst 24 season, than no season at all. 24 is the greatest show ever made and any bad season of 24 will demolish any other show on TV

bring on season 9 out of no where!!!! although im convinced IF they ever did air a s 9, it would be not be as bad as I'm stating here, but for discussion purposes all I'm saying is I would prefer to have a s 9 than not, regardless of how bad it may be