24 Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Dana Walsh vs. Nina Meyers

omaritoto

[1]Jun 29, 2010
    • level: 18

Which character did you enjoy more on the show? I loved Dana Walsh this season, and I think she's part of why this season turned out so good (after a few boring episodes), but I think Nina Meyers will always be my favorite villain and traitor on "24". And the episode where she calls the terrorist to inform him President Palmer is still alive is, for me, one of "24" 's most shocking. What do you think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[2]Jun 29, 2010
    • level: 32
    In overall quality Nina Meyers squashes Dana Walsh easily; her character for most of the season was deplorable and only became slightly tolerable when it was discovered she was a double agent.

Genetic_Code

[3]Jun 29, 2010
    • level: 14
    Dana Walsh's back-story brings her overall story down a notch. She made a decent mole, but even then, Nina still is and will always be the best mole. I loved how even she got her way with Jack sometimes. Dana never was able to pull that off, although she did get her way with Cole in the bank.

hapat

[4]Jun 30, 2010
    • level: 14
    Yeah she was ok for the last little bit, but before that she was crap. Nina beats her hands down every single time.

rockworm5039

[5]Jun 30, 2010
    • level: 9
    omaritoto wrote:

Which character did you enjoy more on the show? I loved Dana Walsh this season, and I think she's part of why this season turned out so good (after a few boring episodes), but I think Nina Meyers will always be my favorite villain and traitor on "24". And the episode where she calls the terrorist to inform him President Palmer is still alive is, for me, one of "24" 's most shocking. What do you think?

you gotta be kidding me?? Dana almost ruined season 8 the only worthy was when Jack slapped her around a bit and when he killed her.
    God this ins't a contest. Dana is possibly the worst character on TV and had the worst storyline of the series.

mikeleslie10

[6]Jul 2, 2010
    • level: 1

here rockworm!!!

everytime i come on here i see you shooting down other people for having an opinion that you dont believe in, you dont need to respond to every single post on here

and just coz you think dana walsh was the worst character ever, doesnt mean everyone else does

get a life

rockworm5039

[7]Jul 3, 2010
    mikeleslie10 wrote:

here rockworm!!!

everytime i come on here i see you shooting down other people for having an opinion that you dont believe in, you dont need to respond to every single post on here

and just coz you think dana walsh was the worst character ever, doesnt mean everyone else does

get a life

Oh i'm sorry I thought this was a forum to discuss things not a be nice to everyone no matter what...

I posted my opinion based on his its as simple as that if you can't handle that then the internet isn't for you because there are people 10x worse than me and trust me if i was shooting people down than I'd be banned by now.

ModernTimes

[8]Jul 5, 2010
    Let's take a look, shall we?

Season 1: Awesome

Season 8: Awful

Winner: Nina

086kerry

[9]Jul 15, 2010

To be fair to mikeleslie10, Rockworm5039 you do seem to respond to ever thread with the attitude that you know more about the show than anyone else therefore whatever you say is right and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong.

dex073

[10]Nov 24, 2010
    • level: 11

ModernTimes wrote:
    Let's take a look, shall we? Season 1: Awesome Season 8: Awful Winner: Nina

Season 8: definitly not awful, but yeah nina wins all the way, dana walsh is what made season 8 not awesome, and nina is way hotter, duh!!!

anthem47

[11]Dec 16, 2010
    • level: 7

I thought Nina was the better of the two just because it was so personal for Jack, but Dana was the best mole since Nina (which is something, given the pool of moles we have to choose from, haha) for one specific reason.

I was riveted to the episode where she blasted her way out of CTU...I remember at the time thinking yes, thank you, after so many moles just rolling over and going okay, you got me, bring on the cuffs, she was proactive enough to do something about it. I think a lot of the previous moles were more of an information leak than anything else, Dana and Nina had the angle of feeling like an actual enemy agent.

croussant

[12]Dec 24, 2010
    • level: 4

Nina was the more deadly enemy. I thought they were both horrible, as deep cover moles are supposed to be. At least it only took one season for Jack to cap Dana Walsh. It took three years to get rid of Nina. I said, 'finally that ykw is dead!' But I should talk. On Fox.com, you could match your psych profile with a character from 24. I matched Nina Meyers. Ouch!

apjccjqa

[13]Jan 4, 2011

Regardless of the kindness or lackthereof in the posts in here, I think it's clear to most fans of the show that Nina and Season 1 as a whole trump S8 and Dana by..well, a landslide.

The fact that Dana was the 900th mole on the show, we were all hoping they'd avoid the mole story completely in s8, and that she had these stupid sideplots of milton from office space and robbing a bank with a drunk, didn't help her cause.

s8 wasn't a bad season, but the dana story, & Kim hostage at the airport..were too similar to the typical 24 plots to me.

I don't know if he's to blame, but I want to blame Chip J. Look what he did with season 5 of dexter. Quinn=Doakes2.0 & Lumen=Lila2.0. Slight differences aside, I'd guess that's why Dexter canned him for s6.

brain05

[14]Jan 5, 2011
    • level: 15
    Kim hostage at the airport was season 7.

The agonizing Dana subplot with the idiot boyfriend is what killed her character. That part also didn't make any sense when we found out she was a ruthless mole later. It made no sense at all.

jackbauer89

[15]Oct 3, 2011
    Dana walsh was the worst decision ever. How can you even ask this question??? you should be ashamed. Nina destroys Walsh in all aspects, PLUS, the actor playing Dana couldn't act if her life depended on it

narutoramengirl

[16]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 7

Of course Nina is the better mole. She had longevity for one thing, I mean she lasted for three seasons! Nina and Dana were good in their own rights. Nina was more of the intellectual mole which was what made her so dangerous. Dana was completely insane (I mean did you see that demonic look she had when they caught her?). Dana's insanity while proving to be her greatest asset because she was able to fool everyone (even me) when she turned out to be a mole, but it ultimately proved to be her downfall because she just didn't seem to know when to quit when she was ahead. Had it not been for the fact that Jack was on a total bloodlust kill mode at the time, she might have been able to escape. But I've always wondered if the reason Dana was made a mole was because the writers found out that this was the last season and decided to change things up in order to create some plot twists to throw us off our rockers. I mean their were no hints at ALL when it came to her switching.

Nickylucas

[17]Dec 8, 2011
    • level: 23

I admit, Dana's plot was horrible. But after it was revealed she was a mole the season got 100000 times better, matching the level of season 5, and her character wasn't half bad.