24 Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Did you see this one coming?

Did you see that one coming?

exogenesis1203

[1]Apr 13, 2010
    • level: 2

Was wondering how many people saw this one coming?

I'd say...I saw this coming when the show begin to explore her whole wreckage side

but rather expect her to die during an operation instead of this

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

luvinx

[2]Apr 13, 2010
    • level: 20

I saw it coming but was in denial. Does that count?

I still think it was rather lazy and lame, and that there were other ways to preserve her character (at least for a little longer and with a death with more meaning) while also "jump-starting" Jack.

CjTl2005

[3]Apr 13, 2010
    • level: 11
    I decided it was inevitable when the guy who killed Samir called the Russian delegate and told him about her. I think that plus the promo made it unmistakably clear to me.

On another note, I'm just starting to get over it.

radrocker2793

[4]Apr 13, 2010
    • level: 4

I saw it coming from the beginning of the episode but since I thought it was so obvious... I guessed that the writers would make her live! Her dying wasn't much of a surprise- as her living would have been

KingofIPirates

[5]Apr 13, 2010
    • level: 32
    Saw it coming though I was hoping it wouldn't happen.

D-DawgMan1

[6]Apr 13, 2010
    • level: 48
    I didn't see it coming, but then again I haven't been watching any of the promos. It's my way of being absolutely surprised no matter what.

I did have a little twist in my stomach when I saw Jack and Renee slept together, and I thought that was going to spell doom. Sex on the show has usually led to one of the two partners either getting killed or discovering they're in a terror plot. Check all of them, that's pretty much how it goes.

All I can say is I can't wait to see what Jack does to the people that did this. We saw what he did to Nina, and to the conspirators that killed David Palmer. This may just be more over the top than before.

estella87

[7]Apr 13, 2010
    • level: 14

I can't believe it. Why is she still listed in the credits for the rest of the season? I thought that would save her... q_q

exogenesis1203

[8]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 2

estella87 wrote:

I can't believe it. Why is she still listed in the credits for the rest of the season? I thought that would save her... q_q

silly quick thought

maybe during the time Renee was undercover, the russians secretely do something to her and her body might contain some sort of antivirus to some sort of new super bio weapon and now they have to fight for her dead body to get the anti virus

or they implant some nuclear launch code in her body

or any other secret weapon stuff that got stashed in her body

warthogjump

[9]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 8

luvinx wrote:

I saw it coming but was in denial. Does that count?

Same, I was convinced Renee was going to die, but just couldn't get myself to believe it. I didn't want it to happen. Even when she went into hospital, I thought she would live. Poor Renee. Also, poor terrorists for lighting Jack on fire for a (hopefully) explosive finish

luvinx

[10]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 20

warthogjump wrote:

Same, I was convinced Renee was going to die, but just couldn't get myself to believe it. I didn't want it to happen. Even when she went into hospital, I thought she would live. Poor Renee. Also, poor terrorists for lighting Jack on fire for a (hopefully) explosive finish

Yes. Looking back now over the last couple of weeks I can see that I really knew. I was just grasping for straws.

Do you think the writers will make sure she did not die in vain? Because I feel worse about her death right now, I think, because it seemed so quick and meaningless....you know? I could accept it more if I knew that some meaning would come out of it, that they had some kind of plan even with her death. More than just: Unhinge Jack and make him go kill everyone. Not that I don't want Jack to be Jack....but I cared for Renee's character separately and felt she deserved more.

Edited on 04/14/2010 8:32am
    Edited 2 total times.

rockworm5039

[11]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 9
    luvinx wrote:

warthogjump wrote:

Yes. Looking back now over the last couple of weeks I can see that I really knew. I was just grasping for straws.

Do you think the writers will make sure she did not die in vain? Because I feel worse about her death right now, I think, because it seemed so quick and meaningless....you know? I could accept it more if I knew that some meaning would come out of it, that they had some kind of plan even with her death. More than just: Unhinge Jack and make him go kill everyone. Not that I don't want Jack to be Jack....but I cared for Renee's character separately and felt she deserved more.

It's going to get Jack to unmask the conspiracy. I'm starting to think we're not going to get answers on the Wilson group but Logan's motive will be revealed and it will be worse than his plans in season 5. Renee's death was inevitable because all season Jack has been just doing it for no more reason than Hastings putting Renee's prosuction or because Chloe needs him... Now we're gonna see a Jack we haven't seen since season 5. This Jack is not soft he's gonna start by going to Dana and hurting her badly (hopefully) and from there its anyones guess.

Back on topic I saw it coming about the time when she showed up to help Jack and Cole during the shootout after the EMP went off.

warthogjump

[12]Apr 18, 2010
    • level: 8
    luvinx wrote:

warthogjump wrote:

Renee did deserve more. Maybe the writers are just trying to show that Heller's opinion, of Jack being cursed, is true...and that he simply can't have a happy ending

Jacks_Son

[13]Apr 19, 2010
    • level: 13

I didn't see it coming and I STILL hate it. I thought the two of them were great together and would have brought Jack a happy ending. Why keep heaping pain on Jack in every way imaginable? I think it's a cheap cop out to give Jack reason to go ballistic.

gregorysam

[14]Apr 19, 2010
    • level: 4
    the only reason I can think of that would explain why the writers killed of Renee was because they now have a way of killing jack in the finale. Keifer has always predicted that he would get killed of in the end (well I dont know about the movie then)