24 Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Episode 17 preview (Possibly spoilers - probably wrong)

darqen2468

[1]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 3

Does anyone else think that next episode could end with the President being assassinated - by Cole? Just from the preview the whole shocking event thing, then you saw Cole looking at her walking through somewhere, then Cole shooting lots at someone? On top of that I'm sure I heard a story a while ago about how Freddie Prinz was a bad guy and that he and Dana were seen in a shoot out with Jack at the end.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sluggerss

[2]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 4
    darqen2468 wrote:

Does anyone else think that next episode could end with the President being assassinated - by Cole? Just from the preview the whole shocking event thing, then you saw Cole looking at her walking through somewhere, then Cole shooting lots at someone? On top of that I'm sure I heard a story a while ago about how Freddie Prinz was a bad guy and that he and Dana were seen in a shoot out with Jack at the end.

I would be shocked if there were any more moles...but I dont think Taylor being assasinated is outside the realm of possibility for sometime before the end of the season.

jrosace92

[3]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 7
    darqen2468 wrote:

Yea, uhhh....that dude with the sniper is not Cole, guy.

rockworm5039

[4]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 9
    I really hope they don't turn Cole into a mole too.... He's proven himself loyal committed just as cool as Chase was.
    I know thats how Moles work best by proving how loyal they are I mean look at Nina But I think we've had more than enough moles for this show.

Saiyans91

[5]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 8

Besides Jack said "Cole is clean" and if Jack Bauer says that, he is clean.

generalbrent

[6]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 15
    Cole is not a mole - first of all, it rhymes, so it sounds funny. Second, the character of Cole is that of a young Jack Bauer - if the show was renewed for another 3 seasons, Cole would most likely be in them.

President Taylor being killed? I doubt it, only because they've said they feel uncomfortable about killing a sitting president, otherwise Keeler would have died in season 4. Then again, they just sent the message that middle eastern leaders who want peace get their throats slit, so perhaps nothing makes them uncomfortable anymore.

jrosace92

[7]Apr 8, 2010
    generalbrent wrote:
    Cole is not a mole - first of all, it rhymes, so it sounds funny. Second, the character of Cole is that of a young Jack Bauer - if the show was renewed for another 3 seasons, Cole would most likely be in them.

President Taylor being killed? I doubt it, only because they've said they feel uncomfortable about killing a sitting president, otherwise Keeler would have died in season 4. Then again, they just sent the message that middle eastern leaders who want peace get their throats slit, so perhaps nothing makes them uncomfortable anymore.

Hey man, the President Taylor being killed thing is possible. Remember what the writers said in that interview, "These last 8 episodes, we are going where 24 has never gone before"?

luvinx

[8]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 20

jrosace92 wrote:
    Hey man, the President Taylor being killed thing is possible. Remember what the writers said in that interview, "These last 8 episodes, we are going where 24 has never gone before"?

You know, I was dismissing this but it kind of makes sense. They also say in those interviews that they took "big risks", etc.

I, as well as many others, have been leaning towards Renee getting killed. But what risk is that? How is that a BIG twist? Killing off Jack's love interest....wow, what a shocker! By looking at the promo and the future press releases, they are making it seem almost too obvious....what if it is all misdirection?

If they killed the President, I am thinking that that would unhinge Jack pretty badly. Look how upset he is over Hassan.

Maybe I am just in denial because I like the Renee character. But as a long time fan, well before Renee appeared, I will be very disappointed if all they come up with is "boy loses girl so boy goes on a revenge tour". Lame.

sluggerss

[9]Apr 8, 2010
    luvinx wrote:

jrosace92 wrote:

You know, I was dismissing this but it kind of makes sense. They also say in those interviews that they took "big risks", etc.

I, as well as many others, have been leaning towards Renee getting killed. But what risk is that? How is that a BIG twist? Killing off Jack's love interest....wow, what a shocker! By looking at the promo and the future press releases, they are making it seem almost too obvious....what if it is all misdirection?

If they killed the President, I am thinking that that would unhinge Jack pretty badly. Look how upset he is over Hassan.

Maybe I am just in denial because I like the Renee character. But as a long time fan, well before Renee appeared, I will be very disappointed if all they come up with is "boy loses girl so boy goes on a revenge tour". Lame.

I agree with this...I was telling my wife last night (and I think I said this on another thread), that Jack has developed a bond with President Taylor similar to the one that he had with Palmer. Jack really doesnt have anything else to stay in NY for (remember, he wants to get to LA to be with his daughter and granddaughter). He said to Hastings that the only reason he was still around was because he made a promise to President Taylor that he would help to keep Hassan safe (showing the bond he has with Taylor). Thats done now, so what else is ther really for him? But kill the President, and he has a big reason to stick around to bring the people responsible to justice...

Watch, its something none of us even considered

luvinx

[10]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 20

sluggerss wrote:

I hope so! Cause that is when it is really awesome!

And, yes....I think they have shown that Jack is connected to Taylor. I imagine that she was pretty involved with his recovery as well, making sure she was kept in the loop about it all. I think they have a strong bond.

Edited on 04/08/2010 4:08pm

sluggerss

[11]Apr 8, 2010
    luvinx wrote:

sluggerss wrote:

I hope so! Cause that is when it is really awesome!

And, yes....I think they have shown that Jack is connected to Taylor. I imagine that she was pretty involved with his recovery as well, making sure she was kept in the loop about it all. I think they have a strong bond.

I'm right there with ya! I dont think anyone was thinking a week ago that Hassan would die, so they are doing a good job of it so far

rockworm5039

[12]Apr 8, 2010
    Taylor dying sounds like a better plot twist then Renee.. Like you said luvinx we've been down that road before. I won't be shocked by her death but the president. What better way to set Jack up for revenge?

sluggerss

[13]Apr 9, 2010
    generalbrent wrote:

I think I heard the same thing back in the day, but that just seems wierd considering where they were willing to go with Logans character in Day 5...They wouldnt want a sitting president to get killed, but they are okay with a sitting president 1) associate with known terrorists and 2) be complicit in the killing of a former president?

airtuna08

[14]Apr 9, 2010

I don't see them killing off Taylor. They've gone through enough presidents haven't they?

rockworm5039

[15]Apr 9, 2010
    airtuna08 wrote:

I don't see them killing off Taylor. They've gone through enough presidents haven't they?

LOL They've gone through enough moles but that hasn't stopped them

warthogjump

[16]Apr 10, 2010
    rockworm5039 wrote:
    Taylor dying sounds like a better plot twist then Renee.. Like you said luvinx we've been down that road before. I won't be shocked by her death but the president. What better way to set Jack up for revenge?

Bloody oath. The death of a middle eastern president and an American president all in one season will definitely make 24 go out with as big of a bang as we could ever imagine. I am now desperately hoping that Taylor gets assassinated. I don't care by who. This will definitely significantly affect Jack, like so many posers have stated.

warthogjump

[17]Apr 10, 2010
    Episode 17...Since Hassan is dead and the President requires no more of Jack, he prepares to catch the next flight to his daughter. Just before he jumps on the plane, goodbye Taylor and Hello vengeful Jack. A slow and daring episode to set up the remaining episodes. AHAHAHA I would be wrapped!!!

rockworm5039

[18]Apr 11, 2010
    I like it.. For one we have no idea what the rest of the season is gonna bring us..
    In past seasons they finished the first arc and set up the second in the same episode... this time around they didn't do that. Theres a sense of not knowing whats gonna happen next that is just making me go crazy with excitement.

CjTl2005

[19]Apr 12, 2010
    • level: 11

Saiyans91 wrote:

Besides Jack said "Cole is clean" and if Jack Bauer says that, he is clean.

Unless he's talking about Nina Meyers.

sluggerss

[20]Apr 12, 2010
    My wife made a good point over the weekend, and I am starting to think that nothing will happen to Taylor (at least in this episode). Everytime a sitting President was replaced mid-season (Palmer briefly in Season 2, Keeler, and Wayne Palmer) we had a good introduction to that President's VP. They have done no introduction to Taylor's VP.