24 Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Haven't seen this show before.. should I?

eiEY

[1]Dec 9, 2011
    • level: 5

I've been wanting to start with this series but I have yet to really get to it.. after all has been said and done, should I? Some said that the series went down the hill in the latter seasons, but I don't know, I still think it possibly possesses good storytelling.

So, should I invest time in this?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

brain05

[2]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 15
    Yes, start at the beginning with Season 1. Season 1 is a little slower than the later seasons and might not be exactly what you're expecting, but give it a go. It's great storytelling and worth watching. Watch all of season 1, then if you like it and want to know where Jack Bauer's story goes, que up the next season.

warthogjump

[3]Dec 18, 2011
    • level: 8
    watch season 1 to get some background info, it's easily the slowest season out of all, but first time round it will definitely give you some great twists

because of season 1's cliffhanger ending, you'll be dying to watch more

season 2 was my favourite, most tension filled and emotive season. for this reason you will want more

season 3 was medicore, so you may stop there, but if you get that far, you should just keep going...season 4 steps up the notch and season 5 explodes

season 6 let's down, but season 7 returns with a bang

season 8 finishes it up

to be honest, 24 is my favourite tv show ever, regardless of the season...if you have the time to invest, watch all seasons, but make sure you don't skip any seasons or episodes because you will miss a lot...everything ties together

Nickylucas

[4]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 23

Oh yeah, absolutely watch this show. And whatever you do, DO NOT, I cannot tell you enough, DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT, read any spoilers. Some pretty crazy twists occur in every seasonthat you will never see coming unless you already know what is going to happen.

Season 1 is slow compared to the others, but still excellent.

It's easy to notice the massive increase in budget Seasons 2 and 3 got, considering the picture not only looks a lot better, but the plots are bigger and there is more violence. Season 2 is one of my favorites and a huge step up from Season 1 (even though S1 was awesome). Season 3 is a season many have a love-hate relationship with. Some love it, some hate it. For me it's a great season but with a few obvious plot holes that really make no sense. Overlook the plot holes and it had the potential to top Season 1 and 2 but didn't because of these plot holes.

Seasons 4, 5, and 6 go together very well in terms of plot. Season4 starts off well, slows down, and then picks up full speed in the second half. It's a lot more violent and faster paced than Season 2 and 3 (at least in the second half it is more fast paced) and Season 5 is my absolute favorite. Starts off with a bang and never loses interest until the shocking ending. Seriously, Season 5 is epic. Don't spoil anything for that season, you will ruin a lot of excitment. Season 6 is a bit of a letdown but is still watchable, even if it doesn't live up to the previous 5 seasons. It's slower paced and the plot isn't as interesting, and on the other end it seems to be a lot more violent.

Season 7 returns the show to the spotlight. It's another awesome season, being my second favorite to season 5. Not as good as 5, but definately amazing stuff throughout the entire show.

Season 8's first 13 or so episodes are pretty much crap. Then during the final 11 episodes things continue to pick up and the final 4 episodes are the most exciting episodes of TV I've ever seen.

So yes, watch 24. The fact that it gets bad later on is true, but it evens it out with just as much, if not more, good. (By the way, don't skip season 6 as it's pretty important to Jack's story, but don't stop watching either, give it time).

classygirl07

[5]Jan 11, 2012
    • level: 6
    No. This show is terrible. Invest your time in something else. Try "Lie To Me" or "Hawaii 5-0" (new or old version).

brain05

[6]Jan 12, 2012
    • level: 15
    Hawaii 5-0? Seriously? Wow

Saiyans91

[7]Feb 22, 2012
    • level: 8

classygirl07 wrote:
    No. This show is terrible. Invest your time in something else. Try "Lie To Me" or "Hawaii 5-0" (new or old version).

Hahahahaha good one!............................Please tell me you're joking otherwise you might have to get your mental health checked...

@OP - Definitely make time for it, worth every second!

Edited on 02/22/2012 5:10am

DaGamePhreak

[8]Jun 1, 2012
    • level: 9
    Nearly 200 episodes that are 40 minutes in length ... I forgot the premise of most of the seasons without looking back and getting a refresher.

I will say though that most of the seasons are good or better.