Then they need to fix a few things. I've found this season to be lacking a little bit. Several of which I will discuss through my points as I go down.
HOW THEY CAN IMPROVE NEXT SEASON
1. Get Jack back in CTU on an actual working basis. None of this Jack suddenly being pulled back in to it one last time thing. Jack should know he belongs at CTU. Also, get CTU back at LA and take us there. The whole jumping around to Washington DC and New York thing was pretty interesting but LA is where 24 belongs. It had 6 seasons there, and I think it is about time we go back. So here is what you do: CTU LA back up and running. Get Jack, Rennee, Chloe, Morris, and maybe a few past characters back in there. So we have a solid base of characters instead of having to continue introducing new ones.
2. Give the president an innovative roll again! In Season 7 the president had a pretty good role and it was a pretty deep role as well. A good enough role that Cherry Jones got an award for it. In Season 8 however, we are given a paper thin President Taylor. She is only in Season 8 so far to remind us that the UN thing is a big deal. Come on! SHE WON AN AWARD! Give her a good role again. She is going to waste this season.
3. Get rid of the storylines that have nothing to do with the plot. This season has really irritated me on several fronts. The only storyline that is driving a storyline this season is the Jack storyline with the Russians. Every other storyline has been creeping along without any real purpose. (Dana Walsh anyone?) I understand the need for other storylines, but as a fan I like it when the other storylines are interesting and actually have some depth.
4. Stop killing people off for shock value! Season 5 was amazing I will agree. Tons of leading characters were taken out in that season and it was shocking. However, in Season 6 and 7 I felt the deaths were useless. Killing Curtis was basically only to kill Curtis. Killing Bill last season had some meaning, but still I would rather have them find another way. If Bill was in this season at least we would have another familar face that we actually enjoy seeing.
5. Bring President Logan back and Aaron Peirce and Tony Almedia. Now I heard that President Logan is supposed to be back this season, which I am eager to see. But those are three familar faces we need back. Just the presence alone of Aaron last season was enough to get my blood pumping.
Of course there are more areas to improve on, but these are the major points I have thought about this season. Your thoughts?