24 Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

If There Is A Season 9....

SALTYJos

[1]Feb 15, 2010
    • level: 1

Then they need to fix a few things. I've found this season to be lacking a little bit. Several of which I will discuss through my points as I go down.

HOW THEY CAN IMPROVE NEXT SEASON

1. Get Jack back in CTU on an actual working basis. None of this Jack suddenly being pulled back in to it one last time thing. Jack should know he belongs at CTU. Also, get CTU back at LA and take us there. The whole jumping around to Washington DC and New York thing was pretty interesting but LA is where 24 belongs. It had 6 seasons there, and I think it is about time we go back. So here is what you do: CTU LA back up and running. Get Jack, Rennee, Chloe, Morris, and maybe a few past characters back in there. So we have a solid base of characters instead of having to continue introducing new ones.

2. Give the president an innovative roll again! In Season 7 the president had a pretty good role and it was a pretty deep role as well. A good enough role that Cherry Jones got an award for it. In Season 8 however, we are given a paper thin President Taylor. She is only in Season 8 so far to remind us that the UN thing is a big deal. Come on! SHE WON AN AWARD! Give her a good role again. She is going to waste this season.

3. Get rid of the storylines that have nothing to do with the plot. This season has really irritated me on several fronts. The only storyline that is driving a storyline this season is the Jack storyline with the Russians. Every other storyline has been creeping along without any real purpose. (Dana Walsh anyone?) I understand the need for other storylines, but as a fan I like it when the other storylines are interesting and actually have some depth.

4. Stop killing people off for shock value! Season 5 was amazing I will agree. Tons of leading characters were taken out in that season and it was shocking. However, in Season 6 and 7 I felt the deaths were useless. Killing Curtis was basically only to kill Curtis. Killing Bill last season had some meaning, but still I would rather have them find another way. If Bill was in this season at least we would have another familar face that we actually enjoy seeing.

5. Bring President Logan back and Aaron Peirce and Tony Almedia. Now I heard that President Logan is supposed to be back this season, which I am eager to see. But those are three familar faces we need back. Just the presence alone of Aaron last season was enough to get my blood pumping.

Of course there are more areas to improve on, but these are the major points I have thought about this season. Your thoughts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Russospa

[2]Feb 15, 2010
    • level: 14
    I thought this was the last!! :S

Genetic_Code

[3]Feb 15, 2010
    • level: 14
    I don't see how they can write Jack into the storyline anymore. He's retired and he probably wants to stay retired. I think this could very well be Jack's last season. I also see it unlikely that they can continue writing storylines for the characters to come back together. I think that if there is another season, it'll stay in New York. I think CTU will have Cole Ortiz and Renee Walker as field agents.

JoeLostDharma

[4]Feb 17, 2010
    • level: 28
    I dunno if I wan't another season.
    On one hand, it'll be sad to see it go.
    But on the other, it would be unfortunate for it to go out by dragging out mediocre seasons.

brain05

[5]Feb 17, 2010
    • level: 15
    If they do a season 9, I would like to see these things happen:

1. Tony Almeida return with a significant role and gain some peace and redemption.
    2. Finally put an end to the day 5 conspiracy. Bring down Graem's bluetooth group from season 5 and wilson's group from season 7. They just got away with it all and we never heard from them again. I would like to see Jack go on the offensive and destroy this conspiracy (Tony Almeida could be brought back to help him because of everything he knows about them).
    3. A white house story that matters. Give the president and her cabinet something important to do.
    4. I know this is petty, but I really want to know what happened to Wayne Palmer. Just at least throw in a line with some explaination as to where he is.

I'm sure I can think of others but that's what pops to mind right away.

ArtCorvelay

[6]Feb 17, 2010
    • level: 8
    SALTYJos wrote:

1 Get Jack back in CTU on an actual working basis. None of this Jack suddenly being pulled back in to it one last time thing. Jack should know he belongs at CTU. Also, get CTU back at LA and take us there. The whole jumping around to Washington DC and New York thing was pretty interesting but LA is where 24 belongs. It had 6 seasons there, and I think it is about time we go back. So here is what you do: CTU LA back up and running. Get Jack, Rennee, Chloe, Morris, and maybe a few past characters back in there. So we have a solid base of characters instead of having to continue introducing new ones.

2. Give the president an innovative roll again! In Season 7 the president had a pretty good role and it was a pretty deep role as well. A good enough role that Cherry Jones got an award for it. In Season 8 however, we are given a paper thin President Taylor. She is only in Season 8 so far to remind us that the UN thing is a big deal. Come on! SHE WON AN AWARD! Give her a good role again. She is going to waste this season.

3. Get rid of the storylines that have nothing to do with the plot. This season has really irritated me on several fronts. The only storyline that is driving a storyline this season is the Jack storyline with the Russians. Every other storyline has been creeping along without any real purpose. (Dana Walsh anyone?) I understand the need for other storylines, but as a fan I like it when the other storylines are interesting and actually have some depth.

4. Stop killing people off for shock value! Season 5 was amazing I will agree. Tons of leading characters were taken out in that season and it was shocking. However, in Season 6 and 7 I felt the deaths were useless. Killing Curtis was basically only to kill Curtis. Killing Bill last season had some meaning, but still I would rather have them find another way. If Bill was in this season at least we would have another familar face that we actually enjoy seeing.

5. Bring President Logan back and Aaron Peirce and Tony Almedia. Now I heard that President Logan is supposed to be back this season, which I am eager to see. But those are three familar faces we need back. Just the presence alone of Aaron last season was enough to get my blood pumping.

Of course there are more areas to improve on, but these are the major points I have thought about this season. Your thoughts?

I completely agree... Especially in regards to #2, I was hoping for season 8 to be to Taylor what season 2 was to Palmer but so far... nothing

The place I disagree is with your first point. After everything Jack has been through it would be regressing to send him back to officially work for CTU.

My proposal is the opposite... a Day 8 with absolutely NO CTU or other agency. A fresh take would be Jack on his own for the whole season (similar to Redemption), working only with known allies like Chloe, Renee, Pierce and Taylor... in addition to others like Mike Novak, Tony, and Logan

generalbrent

[7]Feb 18, 2010
    If there is a season 9, Jack can't be working for CTU - after all, he hates that place! The A-team he had in season 7 with Chloe, Bill and Tony was pretty good I reckon, and could last more than just a few seasons.

I agree, please tell us what happened with Wayne and Martha!!! Are they sitting in a psych center playing cards? Are they dead?

I agree that Tony needs to get some kind of redemption, and the Blue-tooth Red-dot gang needs to be brought down, however I think it'll be done this season.

If we get a season 9, Jack, Chloe, Tony, Taylor and Renee MUST be main cast characters. I'm sick of all the new characters every season, however Cole Ortiz has my permission to stay next year, I reckon he isn't too bad - Dana Walsh must go though.

There aren't too many storylines that can go on with the white house, so I'm glad there isn't a forced crap storyline with Taylor (like the Palmer's girlfriend in 3), but I hope something interesting happens with her soon.

brain05

[8]Feb 18, 2010
    The best presidential storyline was in season 2. I wish they could give Taylor something with real weight to it like they did with Palmer in that season.

I agree, Cole Ortiz can stay in my book. He seems pretty cool right now, but they aren't giving him anything to do. I wish we would see more of him. Chase had done so much by this point in his season.

porky826

[9]Feb 25, 2010
    • level: 4

Have the day take place on the day of the Presidential Election and make it from midnight to midnight. I also like the LA idea.

I'd like to see the show come full circle in it's potential last season. I hope there is one more. I really like the idea of trilogies for the show.

Edited on 02/25/2010 12:48am

KidMizzle

[10]Feb 25, 2010
    • level: 10
    porky826 wrote:

Have the day take place on the day of the Presidential Election and make it from midnight to midnight. I also like the LA idea.

I'd like to see the show come full circle in it's potential last season. I hope there is one more. I really like the idea of trilogies for the show.

That is a kick-ass idea!! If you're gonna try to keep assassinating presidents it would make so much more sense to have a shooter try to take him...or her out on the day the new prez is sworn in, I love that idea. That or give Jack a new enemy, put him in the inner-city and have him combat street gangs because you know they are becoming a nationwide problem.

rockworm5039

[11]Feb 25, 2010
    • level: 9
    I would rather see another 24 hour season than a 2 hour movie that i have no hopes of satisfying us long term fans.

D-DawgMan1

[12]Feb 26, 2010
    • level: 49
    I do agree with most of the statements above.

I would like for them to do one more season, but after that it needs to be done. I think Tony should escape from the prison he's being held in and come back to get some redemption. I don't like the way they ended his arc last season. He either needs to die or get redemption. I mean, he's not totally bad. He was a man that lost the love of his life and unborn child.

But I think one more season and then it should be done. Jack needs to retire. That's what he wants, and I think he's earned it after 8 seasons of doing what he's doing (9 if there's another one).

teroriztah

[13]Feb 27, 2010
    no movie!!!!!! its just going to be another typical action movie!!!

zorroman248

[14]Feb 28, 2010

I agree with most of these comments.

I think the Day 5 and Day 7 conspiracy needs to come to some sort of conclusion if there is a Season 9.

I would like to know what happened to Martha Logan, Mike Novick, Wayne Palmer. Also I would think Nadia Yassir (from season 6) should definitely make an appearance again. What happened to her after CTU was dismantled ??

Season 8 needs to have Alan Wilson in it at some point again as we have heard his name mentioned a few times so far this season. Is he sharing a prison cell with Tony ??

The one person I really want to see again is Mandy the assassin - as we haven't seen her since the end of Season 4. I think she seems have links to all the story threads in 24. Did she get arrested or escape ??

I hope this gets resolved in season 8 or 9.

Jarman24

[15]Feb 28, 2010
    • level: 4
    I agree. So far Day 8 has been a bit lackluster, but my only hope is that it will get better (apparently it does pick up around the next few episodes especially around 15 & 16). I don't know if I like the idea of there being a season 9. I want 12 to go out with a bang, but if day 8 continues the way it does, i would want them to do a day 9 only if they can go out amazing. Jack Bauer's last hour.

They could do so much. Start it at midnight again, to almost go full cirlce. Wind up the story lines like the other have said. I want to see Mandy (assuming she doesn't come back later in Day 8..)
    I want to see the connection to Germany, Nina Myres went on about at the end of Day 1. Along with the conclusion of some other plots mentioned (day 5 & 7.

I think the problem is with day 7 is that they are trying to hard. The were a bit slow at setting everyting up. But it's getting a bit better. If there is a season 9 i want it to be the best. Learning from their mistakes.Like i said they could do so much to wind it up. Brining back old characters. Having a season 5 feel to it, winidng up the conspiracy. Maybe day 9 should be Jack & Renne's wedding day, when at midnight they both get called into action because the treat involves the days they have been in.

GeorgeSpeed

[16]Mar 2, 2010

I have really lost all belief in this frachise due to the "soap opra" writers. Who cares about the characters besides Jack, Cloe, and Renee? Too much writing on the nose. They are insulting their audiences intelligence through dialog and not using the action that endeared the smallest character in years past.

ArtCorvelay

[17]Mar 2, 2010

I really like the idea of a midnight to midnight timeline for Day 9. Retro 24!

Also, 3am to 3am would cool. They could show everyone from Taylor to Jack being awoken in the middle of the night due to a major crisis. They've done every other timeframe afternoon to afternoon, morning to morning. I say either go retro or go middle of the night to middle of the night.

Seduerr

[18]Mar 18, 2010
    • level: 2

If they is season 9 here are some of my ideas.

Seduerr

[19]Mar 18, 2010
    • level: 2
    If there is a season 9 here are some of my ideas. I wish they could follow another agent in the start of a season but have Jack Bauer come and go as the season goes on.
    They could have a crossover episode with house or ncis.
    I wish the writers could have used some of the ideas of the books they have out there about 24.

Sionesis

[20]Apr 13, 2010

OK, of course I know this isn't going to happen, but I would have expected a final season featuring a coup on USA, with Jack working undercover with Renee, Chloe, or something like that. In fact, I was expecting something like this, since it was insinuated by Jonas Hodges on Season 7, when he met Taylor at 1 AM. Also, I think that Jack suggested this as well, when the Wilson's conspiracy ambushed that arabian guy, in the past season as well. This would have been completely unrealistic, of course (like the attack to the White House or Jack "kidnapping" Logan at the Season 5 finale), but I think it would have worked OK, and as a something completely fresh from we've seen before. Also, at the end of the series, I would have expected that Jack restores the democracy but gets shot at the spinal cord, and though he would survive, he couldn't be able to fight anymore (killing him would be repetitive, since Jack's "death" was already explored on the final episodes of Season 7), with Kim taking care of him. That type of "rest" for him would be the more appropiate; it isn't happy (following the spirit of the series) but it would have been respectful with the character.

Only my humble opinion...