We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

24 Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Life without 24 ****

collabo

[1]May 26, 2011
    • level: 5

Its been a year now that 24 ended but all the other tv shows just can't catch fire the way 24 did. This show won over 25 awards in its time. somebody give me another show with that track record. Tv is boring without 24 and i think the show deserved to have at least one more season for it's services to the entertainment industry. The grip on the television while ending a scene in 24 will never be done again . Big ups to the whole crew you made me hate other tv shows.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

drlowdon

[2]Jun 9, 2011
    • level: 8

Cheer up dude!

24 was a fantastic show, particually in its first few seasons but there are many programmes as good (if not better) availiable on DVD. May I suggest trying one of the following for your action needsif you have not done so;

1) The Shield -Car chases, fights and shoot-outs galorebut with a far more coherant plot than 24.

2) Dexter - Not action based as such but a clever and tense spin on the serial killer angle.

3) Alias - Action packed spy drama with added bonus of the stunning Jennifer Garner.

4) Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel - Josh Whedons clever supernatural shows with plenty of vampire killing action.

5) Supernatural - Two brothers travel the US fighting all manner of ghosts, demons and monsters.

6) The Walking Dead - Violent zombie based action.

7) Band of Brothers (Mini-Series) - Saving Private Ryan in TV show form providing a thought provoking and tense look at WWII.

Hope this helps.

collabo

[3]Jun 14, 2011

yes there are other shows that are nice like NCIS, ALIAS, PRISON BREAK , BONES. but can or did any of them reach the heights that 24 reached . the only shows in 24's league are SOPRANOS, FRIENDS AND THE MIGHTY WEST WING. BUT 24 still came out and produced something more original than it's predecessors. it epitomized the post 911 world in real and poetic way. for example President David palmer changed very many peoples perceptions about a first black president, not forgeting the superior story lines that placed the villains to seem like they were real terrorists. and lastly the writers placed the show first by coming out with super twists and shockers that other shows are unwilling to sacrifice main characters for the thrill of entertainment and action.

drlowdon

[4]Jun 14, 2011

I agree that 24 was unlike anything else seen on TV during its first four or five seasonsbut I felt it finishedat the right time, by the end it had started to become a little repititive(how many moles can get inside CTU!). While David Palmer was one of TVs great characters the plots where always a little far fetched (not that thats always a bad thing). For me the best show of all time is The Shield, plenty of action and coherant plots.

Also have you been watching Game of Thrones, that is certainly a show that is willing to kill of its main characters. It is a bit more graphic than 24 however!

collabo

[5]Jun 17, 2011

The first 5 seasons of 24 were superb because the writers had a story line that was consistent. though season 6 wasn't that good it was still better than other shows on tv. when season 7 came out the writers and crew proved they could bring back the big game with a mouth watering season which won Cherry Jones her first ever Emmy Award. I mean season 7 was so good that all 24 fans forgot about the below par season 6. Season 8 was also superb. There were so many gaps in Jack Bauer's story lines that 24 could go on up to season 10. I hope the movie will live up to one of the greatest characters to ever grace the tv screens.

drlowdon

[6]Jun 17, 2011

24 did pick up again after season 6 but despite the quality of the rest of the show the constant moles and secret relationships within CTU where starting to become irritating. I guess that in the end the real time formula made it difficult as the writers needed to fill in time while Jack Bauer was travelling etc.

Agreed about the movie, hope it is as good as the show was.

brandi9

[7]Jun 23, 2011

collabo wrote:

The first 5 seasons of 24 were superb because the writers had a story line that was consistent. (snip)

I couldn't agree more collabo. There is a definite drop in quality from season 5 to season 6, but by the middle of season 7 all is forgiven. Renee Walker, I believe, has much to do with that. She was such a dynamic character and a perfect counterpoint to Jack. Shame she's gone. There's actually a viewing party going on at www.24nmore.com if anyone is interested. There's been a lot of discussion in that forum thread about the direction of the show from the first season on as well as the growth of specific characters. Live chat in Jack's time slot, every Monday night. Would be awesome to read some of your thoughts there, too.

In the meantime, we wait. Monday night just hasn't been the same...

jackbauer89

[8]Oct 3, 2011
    • level: 1
    [QUOTE="brandi9"]

collabo wrote:

all is forgiven. Renee Walker, I believe, has much to do with that. She was such a dynamic character and a perfect counterpoint to Jack.

Absolutely agree. Renee was the best addition to seasons 7 and 8. She was the best character to be introduced late into the show

HUSSEIN24

[9]Oct 28, 2011
    • level: 7
    24 is the best show in the history of humanity ..... there is no show like it . I mean there is no show will make you stare after the end of an episode . and every episode end with something you never think about ... and you ask your self after the episode end is that really happen or this is some kind of joke .... I really miss 24