We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

24 Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Most touching moment (tearjerker!) - what was yours?

JasonWong0

[1]Jan 29, 2011
    • level: 4

Me it was season two's (Day 2: 2:00 P.M. - 3:00 P.M.) when Mason arrest his son to bring him to CTU and tells him that he has a few bank accounts that he'll be giving to him. As tough as Mason's character at the end he couldn't hold off his tears after telling his son that's he won't be needing his money... I'm a grown man and I just cried like crazy after seeing that scene!

What was your most touching scene?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nickylucas

[2]Mar 6, 2011
    • level: 23

Season 2 had a lot of tearjerker moments regarding Mason.

10:00 to 11:00 PM Season 2 was very touching for everyone. Jack's discussion with Kim, his final goodbyes to George and George's sacrifice.

Saiyans91

[3]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 8

There are so many it is extremly hard to pick one but I would say the scene where Lynn Mcgill and the security guard die in Season 5 after making a sacrifice and being exposed to the sentox gas. This just after the security guard said his final goodbye to his young daughter and told her he wont be coming home. (

The scene plus the background score for that scene made it one of the most touching moments in all of tv history let alone 24.

kepa55

[5]Apr 3, 2011

Easy. For me it's always Season 3 and Ryan Chappelle's death (was it 6-7am?). Of course the whole storyline about Saunders going after him was pretty stupid, but when you build up to a death for a full episode, it can't be nothing but spectacular. I also liked the way his character essentially went from a bad guy to a good guy.

A close second might be the last two episodes of Season 1 (Teri telling Jack that she's pregnant and of course the ending of S1) and George's death in S2.

CjTl2005

[6]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 11
    kepa55 wrote:

Easy. For me it's always Season 3 and Ryan Chappelle's death (was it 6-7am?).

X2. Probably the most gripping episode I can remember.

tooltime

[7]Apr 19, 2011
    • level: 12
    Mason's death, where he flies the plane to safety. Amazing.

brain05

[8]Apr 20, 2011
    • level: 15
    I agree. Mason's death. Specifically, the conversation between Jack and Mason on the plane. Simply brilliant.

And Ryan Chapelle's death. The moments before shared between Jack and Ryan. That was just tragic and heartbreaking.

Nickylucas

[9]Apr 21, 2011

brain05 wrote:
    I agree. Mason's death. Specifically, the conversation between Jack and Mason on the plane. Simply brilliant. And Ryan Chapelle's death. The moments before shared between Jack and Ryan. That was just tragic and heartbreaking.

I purchased Season 3 of the show last friday on iTunes, and I have now reached the point where Jack was forced to kill Ryan Chapelle. As much as I hated that guy...I felt really bad for him.

brain05

[10]Apr 22, 2011
    • level: 15
    Nickylucas wrote:

brain05 wrote:
    I agree. Mason's death. Specifically, the conversation between Jack and Mason on the plane. Simply brilliant. And Ryan Chapelle's death. The moments before shared between Jack and Ryan. That was just tragic and heartbreaking.

I purchased Season 3 of the show last friday on iTunes, and I have now reached the point where Jack was forced to kill Ryan Chapelle. As much as I hated that guy...I felt really bad for him.

I always saw it like this, yeah Chapelle was a jackass, but he was our jackass. When it came down to it, he was one of the good guys. He was a great, well written, wonderfully acted character.

Nickylucas

[11]Apr 24, 2011

brain05 wrote:
    Nickylucas wrote:

brain05 wrote:

I always saw it like this, yeah Chapelle was a jackass, but he was our jackass. When it came down to it, he was one of the good guys. He was a great, well written, wonderfully acted character.

Agreed.

mwgfgrey

[12]Apr 25, 2011
    • level: 5

I haven't seen the entire series yet. I'm more than half way through season 3. I'd have to say it's a tie between Mason's discussion with his son and also Kyle Singer's conversation with his parents when we thought he was going to die. There are so many emotional moments in season 3. Guyell(sp?) talking to Michelle just before he died. I couldn't even look at the screen. And Michelle talking to Tony about the last 3 years being the best years of their lives. And I still haven't finished it yet. So far, this season is the scariest and most emotional to me. But I know it will probably be topped off by another season.

Edited on 04/25/2011 11:42am

jackbauer89

[13]Oct 3, 2011
    • level: 1
    Jack, the imam and Kim at the end of season 7. Like other have said, Mason season 2 was also very big. I almost cried by eyes out at the beginning of season 5 after all the assassinations/attempts...I almost cried from shock

I almost cried all throughout season 3 - I hated seeing Jack in that condition (drug habit), but at the same time I loved it because it brought so much additional darkness to the show, which is a good thing imo

dj_mrt

[14]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 25
    I`m not gonna say I ALMOST cried, coz I cried with tears so many times during 24 I agree all of you said. One of the biggest ones were Caphelle and Mason but none of them tops Bill Buchanan`s dead. I cried for an hour after him and it took days to get over it ((

narutoramengirl

[15]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 7

The most touching moment for me was when Edgar died in Season 5. The look on Chloe's face said it all. I couldn't hold back my own sobs. The other moment was when Chloe and Jack had their goodbye speech on Season 8. I really made this emotional for me because I had just finished watching season 3 (the season chloe debuted) and now I was watching their goodbye. Plus the countdown clock at the end added a nice touch.

Edited on 12/04/2011 7:45pm

warthogjump

[16]Dec 18, 2011
    without a doubt mason's hero speech in season 2 ep 15 (think) combined with jack saying goodbye to kim was the saddest moment in the history of 24

season 7 finale came close

DaGamePhreak

[17]Jun 1, 2012
    • level: 9
    George Mason for sure. One of my favorite characters on the show. There are some others (ending of season , but that sticks in my mind most.

nimkong

[18]Nov 25, 2012
    • level: 4
    Tie between Edger Stiles and Bill Buchanans deaths. Edgers was more powerful,but Bills was sad because hes my 3rd favorite character on the show. Also Bill went out in a heroic way.

So I have to say the saddest death was Edgers but Bills was the most heroic.

mrjimmyjames

[19]May 12, 2013
    • level: 7

Haven't seen anyone mention this yet but what about the final moment of season 6? The suckitude that was that season ended on a brilliant mix of surprising anger and emotion as Jack took out his frustrations on Sec. Heller at gunpoint and said goodbye to Audrey. Then he walked toward an edge near the ocean/sea (?) and pondered what to do next. That was a great way to end the season and completely unexpected for a show that usually ends the season with cliffhangers.

mcpon

[20]Apr 3, 2014
    • level: 1
    I don't know if this has been mentioned but when Erin Driscoll held her dead daughter in her arms after she had committed suicide made me cry.