24 Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

new to 24, have a question

MissKittyXO

[1]Dec 31, 2005
    • level: 8
    I have watched season 1 on A&E, if I want to watch season 5 when it starts, will I be totally confused? Are the seasons connected or is Jack on a different mission every season?

Thanks
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Zoolander53

[2]Dec 31, 2005
    • level: 10
    You could start watching s5. But if I were you I would try to watch s2, s3, and s4 on DVD. Then if you watch them slow enough (2 epsiodes a week) you could be able to just get season5 on DVD without commericials.

If you watch s5, it could slightly detract from how much you would enjoy watching previous seasons. (and as a matter a fact, im 100% sure that I would) Because you see something that happens to a charcter, then you go back and watch an entire season of this character and learn to really like them only to realize they are actually dead or that they are a mole. But when I say slightly, I really mean it because you'll still really like it.

The_Head

[3]Jan 1, 2006
    • level: 6
    Season 5, unlike other seasons, is very much connected to the previous one. You wont be confused, you'll just enjoy it less.

If you can't watch the past seasons on time before the season 5 premiere, then I recommend you take your time and wait for the DVD to come out in August. It's worth it.

MissKittyXO

[4]Jan 1, 2006
    Oh, if the season 5 dvd is coming out so soon, I think I will wait. I have ordered seasons 2 and 3 on DVD already, and I'm keeping my eyes open for a reasonable price on 4.

Thanks so much!

icanfix

[5]Jan 2, 2006
    uh humm, dont mean to say anything ilegal but you could wait till youve seen 2,3,4 and then if it is like mid-season 5 you could always download the episodes and join in the fun

p.s only one mole, its learned in season 1