24 Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Next year, we'll get 3 new shows similar to 24!

omaritoto

[1]Dec 27, 2005
    • level: 18
    Every year or so there's a great thriller that shocks viewers and make them beg for more. In 2001, we got the show that started it all. The one that made people check their heart beats and health after each episode: The show is 24. This year all we got is Prison Break. Next year, there are 3 shows that are in the same vein as 24; Hostage, Kidnapped, and Thirteen.

Heist: Heist is a show that will be about people, who are held hostage in a jewelry store for many surprising reasons. This show is often compared to 24.

Kidnapped: The show will be a "24"-style thriller, tracking the case from multiple points of view, with Sisto essentially playing the Jack Bauer role. Future seasons of the show would follow his character on different cases. "Kidnapped," which is being written by Jason Smilovic ("Karen Sisco"), will follow the search for the abducted teenager over the course of its season, a la "24" or "Prison Break." (from zap2it.com)
    (another one)Following the success of Fox's 24 and Prison Break, one of the most notable trends taking place in scripted entertainment is the exploration of a single event over the course of an entire season. (tv.com)

Thirteen: Although it'll only get 13 episodes per season, the show is quite similar to FOX's 24. Isn't it obvious? 24=24 episodes, Thirteen=13 episodes & both are TV thrillers.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CTU81

[2]Dec 27, 2005
    • level: 25
    Theres also a show called "Heist", about a group of robbers who plan on stealing from 3 jewelry stories on Rodeo Drive on the same day. The whole season goes one day at a time through planning and leads up to the heist.

torque4015

[3]Dec 27, 2005
    omaritoto wrote:
    Every year or so there's a great thriller that shocks viewers and make them beg for more. In 2001, we got the show that started it all. The one that made people check their heart beats and health after each episode: The show is 24. This year all we got is Prison Break. Next year, there are 3 shows that are in the same vein as 24; Hostage, Kidnapped, and Thirteen.

Hostage: Hostage is a show that will be about people, who are held hostage in a house for many surprising reasons. This show is often compared to 24.

Kidnapped: The show will be a "24"-style thriller, tracking the case from multiple points of view, with Sisto essentially playing the Jack Bauer role. Future seasons of the show would follow his character on different cases. "Kidnapped," which is being written by Jason Smilovic ("Karen Sisco"), will follow the search for the abducted teenager over the course of its season, a la "24" or "Prison Break." (from zap2it.com)
    (another one)Following the success of Fox's 24 and Prison Break, one of the most notable trends taking place in scripted entertainment is the exploration of a single event over the course of an entire season. (tv.com)

Thirteen: Although it'll only get 13 episodes per season, the show is quite similar to FOX's 24. Isn't it obvious? 24=24 episodes, Thirteen=13 episodes & both are TV thrillers.

Do you think that those new show's are going to make it like 24 and Prisonbreak or do you think they going to Fail ?

omaritoto

[4]Dec 27, 2005
    I'm so sorry I meant Heist not Hostage . People in these stores are held hostage. I do think "Kidnapped" will make it cause there are articles everywhere about it.

stotzman

[5]Dec 27, 2005
    • level: 12
    first of all I think each of theses shows will have a hard time. They will always be compared to "24", even when they haven't found their style yet.

And about predicting the success: If you read the taglines of shows like "lost" or "desperate houeswives", would you believe that these shows are so popular?

omaritoto

[6]Dec 27, 2005
    stotzman wrote:
    first of all I think each of theses shows will have a hard time. They will always be compared to "24", even when they haven't found their style yet.

And about predicting the success: If you read the taglines of shows like "lost" or "desperate houeswives", would you believe that these shows are so popular?

Yes.

Zoolander53

[7]Dec 28, 2005
    • level: 10
    The show 13 is actually done by 24 producers if you didnt know

meleeunbeatable

[8]Dec 28, 2005
    • level: 46
    Well at least by having a bunch of copycat shows they'll make 24 look better, not that it needs it.

omaritoto

[9]Dec 28, 2005
    They have different storylines. I wouldn't call them copycats (exept maybe Kidnapped). I mean Prison Break is really different than 24, but it has the same suspensful WHAT THE HELL WILL HAPPEN NEXT feeling.

dj_jojje

[10]Dec 28, 2005
    • level: 7
    We also have the show "Sleeper Cell". It's very much like "24". Tho it's not all as good as 24.

fbiluch

[11]Dec 28, 2005
    • level: 6
    Dennis Haysbert is coming out with a new show on CBS called the Unit with seem similiar to 24 and has potential.

pooldude256

[12]Dec 28, 2005
    • level: 38
    omaritoto wrote:

Heist: Heist is a show that will be about people, who are held hostage in a jewelry store for many surprising reasons. This show is often compared to 24.

Which network has bought Thirteen? I doubt the series will work at all. I mean its only 13 episodes per season, and the quality won't nearly be as good as 24's (even though the same guys are doing it). Plotlines will be rushed...it won't be good.

So NBC is so desperate for new content to get better ratings that they'll rip things that have worked on FOX. Tisk tisk tisk...

Oh well. I'll give these series' a try (if they dont air opposite a show I already like) and if it appears to be ok I might lighten up on NBC

kaedahewson

[13]Dec 28, 2005
    • level: 8
    pooldude256 wrote:
    So NBC is so desperate for new content to get better ratings that they'll rip things that have worked on FOX. Tisk tisk tisk...

Certainly makes a change from FOX ripping off other channels :p

pooldude256

[14]Dec 29, 2005
    • level: 38
    kaedahewson wrote:
    pooldude256 wrote:

Certainly makes a change from FOX ripping off other channels :p

Yeah. FOX rips off ABC, then NBC rips off FOX. Only difference is FOX has ripped off reality shows from ABC, and NBC is ripping off FOX's action/adventure/drama.

djariya

[15]Dec 29, 2005
    • level: 19
    I think "Thirteen" should do okay next Fall. It's probably going to air on FOX and they will probably promo the hell out of it saying "From the creators of 24"

13 episodes doesn't mean it's going to suck. It'll probably air after baseball or in the spring time. As long as they cast the show well, write good stories and use most of the 24 production team, I think it will do okay.

Surnow and Cochran worked on Miami Vice=hit, La Femme Nikita=hit and 24=hit. I can't see their string of good luck ending.

meleeunbeatable

[16]Dec 31, 2005
    Plus Prison Break was only supposed to be 13 episodes but it did so good that it got 9 more. So who knows what will happen with it.

omaritoto

[17]Jan 1, 2006
    meleeunbeatable wrote:
    Plus Prison Break was only supposed to be 13 episodes but it did so good that it got 9 more. So who knows what will happen with it.

It can't get more that 13 cause the show's name is "Thirteen".

tvguy8472

[18]Jan 2, 2006
    • level: 7
    dj_jojje wrote:
    We also have the show "Sleeper Cell". It's very much like "24". Tho it's not all as good as 24.

Um is there anything as good as 24? ... ... ...

Ah, yes. That refreshing Sound of Silence.

dvaughn17

[19]Jan 2, 2006
    • level: 10
    1 out of the 3 will succeed. I dont know which one tho. I will try and watch all of them as long as the commercial looks good and they dont air opposite of my other favorites.

meleeunbeatable

[20]Jan 2, 2006
    Just because the name is thirteen doesn't mean they won't ignore it and get more episodes if it does good.

Just take 24 and them making a movie. The movie is definitely not going to be 24 hours, yet they will still name it 24.