24 Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Episode Discussion -- 10:00pm to 11:00 pm-- 3/23/09

mjs24fan

[1]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 4
    So what did everybody think? Another good episode! I can't believe Olivia! Well actually I can.... And What will happen to Jack Bauer now!
    Edited on 03/23/2009 7:21pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tjoceasde

[2]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 18

mjs24fan wrote:
    So what did everybody think? Another good episode! I can't believe Olivia! Well actually I can.... And What will happen to Jack Bauer now!

There are two possibilities:

1. Jack will die from being exposed to the chemical weapon and return next season as a zombie (as the main character can never die).

2. Jack will either be immune to whatever was inside the truck, or his exposure will be revealed to have been minimal and therefore treatable.

Right now, I'm leaning towards the latter.

jrob28

[3]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 5

I swear, that Larry Moss, I never have gone back and forth with a character on 24.

I doubt Jack has been contaminated with the bio-weapon, but this is 24.

Looked like Renee's talks with Jack has got to him, as he killed that goon to protect the gate man. The old Jack would have let the goon kill him. I think Jack made the wrong decision.

Where was Chloe, wasn't she released? Looked like she would tried to contact Tony or Jack.

Edited on 03/23/2009 7:47pm

mjs24fan

[4]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 4
    tjoceasde wrote:

mjs24fan wrote:

1. Jack will die from being exposed to the chemical weapon and return next season as a zombie (as the main character can never die).

2. Jack will either be immune to whatever was inside the truck, or his exposure will be revealed to have been minimal and therefore treatable.

I hope you're right, but since next year is supposed to be the last season could they slowly kill Jack Bauer off? Oh the suspense is killing me!

Jason5550123

[5]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 11
    I really hope Jack lives.

Pants4444444444

[6]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 8
    Holy crap. Talk about an intense episode. I'm lovin Tony. I hope he isn't tortured for very long. Although.....could this be the moment we see he really is on Jack's side?? I've had my doubts about him, but this might thwart them! I'm glad Jack saved the one guy (i forgot his name already.) Now, I don't really think this was exactly the RIGHT decision, but I'm glad he did it. The whole pregnant wife thing....you know. I'm glad Larry is coming around, at least for the moment. Who knows what he'll be like next episode. There is one other option for Jack. He IS contaminated, but the symptoms are slow acting, giving him time to save the world, and giving him time to find a cure!! There has to be one if you think about it. ooh. That Olivia is quite the little brat. Glad the first gentleman is ok. I like that he's a good guy. The actor that plays him is always a creep in his other roles. It's nice to see him as a nice guy.

airtuna08

[7]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 7

This is what I think about Jack's exposure.

I have this feeling he will have been exposed and will be deemed untreatable. He will be given a short time to live like George Mason. Day 7 will have serious cliffhangers, and Day 8 will begin the day immediately after Day 7. They always skip ahead 18-36 months. I think this time it will be the next day and it will be a long farewell to Jack as he kicks ass one last time.

Pants4444444444

[8]Mar 23, 2009
    airtuna08 wrote:

This is what I think about Jack's exposure.

I have this feeling he will have been exposed and will be deemed untreatable. He will be given a short time to live like George Mason. Day 7 will have serious cliffhangers, and Day 8 will begin the day immediately after Day 7. They always skip ahead 18-36 months. I think this time it will be the next day and it will be a long farewell to Jack as he kicks ass one last time.

I don't think that is what will happen, but boy, what a good story they could write with that. I can just imagine all the dramatic lines and the hearthwrenching moments.....awesome.

wolfwing

[9]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 6

Just a small hope and thought, if the chemical weapon was in fact one that required being cooled or something like that, is it possible that what ruptured was taht?

Plus we don't actually know what it is, we assume it's a bio/chemical weapon, but who knows what is in those containers.

marvelfan89

[10]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 39
    I had a feeling Olivia was a classless ambitious slut. She didn't respect a senior advisor. She was eager to claim the glory for herself and for her mom. As for Jack maybe it did jump the shark to see him saving that idiot...but it wouldn't give us that cliffhanger with Jack.
    Edited on 03/23/2009 10:02pm

Timewhisper

[11]Mar 24, 2009
    tjoceasde wrote:

mjs24fan wrote:

Hopefully 2 but there is an option 3, Jack was exposed but not enough to kill him right away: His life span will be significantly shortened. He has 2-3 year left. Time enough for a Day 8.

jefferaldo

[12]Mar 24, 2009
    Here's my prediction on the rest of the season:

Jack IS exposed. Kim is made aware of this fact around episode 19 by Renee. By around episode 20 the threat has been neutralized but Jonas escapes. It is revealed that he has an antidote for the contaminant. He trades the antidote for a deal of immunity and the president agrees after what Jack has done for the country, much to her daughter's dismay.

Of course I am most likely (99%) wrong.

But I believe Day 8 is supposed to be set only 6 weeks after Day 7 (according to an interview with Kiefer)

Ralfberg

[13]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 13
    I think one of two - either he gets an antidote for that thing which he got(inhaled) from the truck, or the second variation - he gets about 1 year to live, and in that time the day 8 happens. But it could really also be that he inhaled just a little bit of that thing and it is harmless if it's inhaled in small amounts.

Genetic_Code

[14]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 14
    jefferaldo wrote:
    But I believe Day 8 is supposed to be set only 6 weeks after Day 7 (according to an interview with Kiefer)

Oh really? Where did you read that?

ModernTimes

[15]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 9

This was a pretty good episode. When Tony was telling Jack to let the guy die, it felt like a complete role reversal of characters. I thought it was a great twist.

Wanted to see Chloe though, but alas, she seems to have been merely a minor character this season. Oh well, at least Tony is finally back into the action.

Was anyone surprised to see the first man back? I figured he was done for the season.

Edited on 03/24/2009 8:26am

jrob28

[16]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 5
    ModernTimes wrote:
    Was anyone surprised to see the first man back? I figured he was done for the season.

I felt like somebody was going to come kill him while he was on the phone with the president.

Jason5550123

[17]Mar 24, 2009
    Like I said earlier, I hope Jack lives and that the gas doesn't hurt him, but if it did, then they'll probably set Day 8 right after Day 7, and show the last day of Jack's life.

Maeglin7

[18]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 6
    I honestly don't think that chemical/gas is going to be what kills Jack Bauer just because it seemed so anti-climatic. He's driving a truck down a road, stops, notices a hole, goes in to fix the leak then runs out. It just didn't seem big enough to be the killer of Jack Bauer. The music was not dramatic, and the way it was shot just didnt make it seem like that was the scene that will ultimately end Jack's life.

Jason5550123

[19]Mar 24, 2009
    Jack should make it through the series alive. He should never be killed off.

Timewhisper

[20]Mar 24, 2009
    Jason5550123 wrote:
    Jack should make it through the series alive. He should never be killed off.

Totally agree! I think it would take something away from the series if he gets killed off.