24 Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Seventh to Last Episode and...

airtuna08

[1]Apr 12, 2010
    • level: 7

Jack spends most of the episode in bed... thanks writers!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rockworm5039

[2]Apr 12, 2010
    • level: 9
    Thats right!!! I didn't even notice with Logan's return and Chloe's promotion and every thing that happened this hour... Because 24 needs to have jack involved ALL THE TIME!~!!!!!

Hungry_Homer111

[3]Apr 12, 2010
    • level: 26
    rockworm5039 wrote:
    Thats right!!! I didn't even notice with Logan's return and Chloe's promotion and every thing that happened this hour... Because 24 needs to have jack involved ALL THE TIME!~!!!!!

Agreed. I think that what they did have with Jack was good. It was a release of the tension that was building between his character and Renee, giving him a kind of hope for their future, and taking it away in the last second. If you don't care for him having that kind of a break, then at least consider this: Last week was a huge failure, and Hassan's death is still hanging on his shoulders. Now Renee was taken away from him by the people behind everything in the season. If nothing else, then this will give him the strength to have what I'm hoping to be one of the best confrontations since the Drazen showdown. What made the Drazen showdown so great was the emotional strength behind everything, and now the final showdown of this season will very likely have that same kind of strength.

airtuna08

[4]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 7

The Drazen showdown was much more believable as you could genuinely see the love Jack had for his wife and daughter. Here they forced a relationship between him and Renee. He knew Renee for one day and she was wrapped up in Larry. The Renee-Jack thing seemed very forced. The Season 1 connection was very real.

rockworm5039

[5]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 9
    A lot can happen in one day as this show has taught us. It didn't feel forced to me because I could see them connecting last season. Honestly when this season began I kind of expected them to be together.

warthogjump

[6]Apr 18, 2010
    • level: 8
    Hungry_Homer111 wrote:
    rockworm5039 wrote:

Agreed. I think that what they did have with Jack was good. It was a release of the tension that was building between his character and Renee, giving him a kind of hope for their future, and taking it away in the last second. If you don't care for him having that kind of a break, then at least consider this: Last week was a huge failure, and Hassan's death is still hanging on his shoulders. Now Renee was taken away from him by the people behind everything in the season. If nothing else, then this will give him the strength to have what I'm hoping to be one of the best confrontations since the Drazen showdown. What made the Drazen showdown so great was the emotional strength behind everything, and now the final showdown of this season will very likely have that same kind of strength.

I completely agree. Jack has has had two major failures in this season: Hassan and Renee. I think Jack is ready to explode on a very personal level (and with permission since Chloe is in charge of CTU!). I believe Jack will take it one step above "it's necessary." Though we may have to wait a few more episodes to get all the action.