24 Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Sometime this show is a total BS

volvoxaureus

[1]Dec 24, 2010
    • level: 1

Hello!

I'm watching this show right now. I'm at season 4 where Jack take out an entire commando squad. This is a BS BS!! Come on I know this a TV Show but don't make Jack an immortal. If this 'll be true give me ten men like Jack an I'll conquer the world. I love the show but the fact the producers made Jack invincible is a total BS! And the bad gays seem so stupid.

Edited on 12/24/2010 3:52pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

agent_0042

[2]Dec 24, 2010
    • level: 66
    Oh yeah, around a quarter of the time what happens on this show is totally unbelievable. If you're a fan, you learn to live with it.

Basically, if you're looking for believable, pick another show.
    Edited on 12/24/2010 8:58am

volvoxaureus

[4]Dec 24, 2010
    • level: 1
    I like the show because the action never seems to stop. In every second something is happening. Maybe (in my opinion) in the second season after they find the bomb the show became a little bit boring.

brain05

[5]Dec 30, 2010
    • level: 15
    Season 4 is around the point when they start turning Jack into a robot. It works in season 4 because they still have enough of all the other great characters, but season 5 is when they start to turn it into the jack bauer action show. It gets more like that as it goes on.

For me, season 5 was when the show changed. It became less of an ensemble and became more of a robot Jack against the world type show. The 24 that I fell in love with ended with the season 4 finale. Not that the rest of the show is bad, its just different.

kepa55

[6]Jan 27, 2011
    • level: 8

Indeed. Remember when in season one a storyline actually involved Jack almost falling asleep? None of that in the latter seasons. Also, in one of the S1/2 DVD extras they said how getting from one place to another could be a major plot point (like the season one finale and Jack racing back to CTU) - in S6-8, you could get anywhere in 10 mins.

tooltime

[7]Apr 19, 2011
    • level: 12
    Well, S5 was the best season, so I don't see the sense in complaining.

Yes the real time aspect got more loose as it wore on, didn't stop the show from being brilliant.

brain05

[8]Apr 20, 2011
    People really should stop simply stating "Season 5 was the best season" like it's so matter of fact and everyone should agree.

That's a matter of opinion.

I personally didn't like season 5 that much. I think it's very overrated. It did get the emmy win, but I think that was more a matter of the show being at the height of it's popularity and having been nominated for 5 years running, that they wanted to finally recognize it. I don't think it's cause it was actually the best season.

tooltime

[9]Apr 26, 2011
    • level: 12
    brain05 wrote:
    People really should stop simply stating "Season 5 was the best season" like it's so matter of fact and everyone should agree.

That's a matter of opinion.

I personally didn't like season 5 that much. I think it's very overrated. It did get the emmy win, but I think that was more a matter of the show being at the height of it's popularity and having been nominated for 5 years running, that they wanted to finally recognize it. I don't think it's cause it was actually the best season.

Well, is just seems that everyone everywhere I look thinks S5 was the best. With good reason.

mwgfgrey

[10]May 1, 2011
    • level: 5

I agree with Volv. I'm annoyed by the constant offers of immunity to every female assassin. It's like there's a group of female assassins and Nina told them the easiest way is to ask for immunity. I want to see them shred up the document that gives the assassin immunity after she's given the info needed and just execute her on the spot. I know it's cold-hearted, but that's how I feel. And I'm rolling my eyes at the politics of it. I get it. President Palmer is the lord and savior once Keeler went down in AF1, but they don't have to reiterate it every episode with VP Logan's incompetence. And what happened to Berus? Were we supposed to assume he was killed when they found the chip under his skin? I'm really not big on the development of characters in this show. I hope every one is right and season 5 is better than season 4. Season 4 is my least favorite.

brain05

[11]May 4, 2011
    I don't think it is with good reason. Season 5 had a lot of great action, but that was about it. The plot was convoluted and makes no sense whatsoever when you really look at it. Halfway through Season 4 was when the season long threat stories started getting ridiculously convoluted and then season 5 just took it to a new level. Seasons 6, 7, and 8 followed that pattern. The plots make no sense when you try to figure them out. You have characters doing things at the beginning of the season that make no sense when you find out what their motive is at the end of the season. At least with seasons 1-3 you could follow the threat plots and they made sense in some logical way throughout the course of the season. Season 5 changed the show and it's the reason we got what we got in seasons 6-8.

drlowdon

[13]Jun 14, 2011
    • level: 8

24 was far fetched from pretty much the start of the first season but that is what made it so entertaining. There are plenty of realistic dramas like The West Wing or The Wire out there as well and, while 24 ran for perhaps acouple of seasons past its sell by date, it offered viewers something completelydifferent.