24 Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

The Nielsen ratings

pooldude256

[1]Dec 28, 2005
    • level: 38
    Honestly, I think the Nielsen ratings are off on this show. According to Nielsen, 24 gets about 12 million viewers (using data from last season) and wasn't even ranked in the top 30 shows for the season. 30 million watched last years premiere, I have a hard time seeing more than half that audience not following the show.

FOX has a gem here, and this year they are promoting it well very again (remember last year's commercials for it during the Super Bowl?) and I can see the show getting its highest ratings ever this season. But like I said before, the ratings for last season have to be wrong. I mean 30 million watch CSI each week, and that show isnt nearly as interesting or action-packed as 24.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

huyha123

[2]Dec 28, 2005
    • level: 5
    as said before, not all people watching the show will come to the number for rattings. only those who have some kind of machine attached to their TV.

that's what I guess.

I agree with you though. 24 is the best, no doubt about that.

torque4015

[3]Dec 29, 2005
    • level: 18
    CSI and 24 aren't even in the same leage with each other 24 blows CSI away. I predict half the world is going to watching on January 15th forget CSI.

The_Head

[4]Dec 29, 2005
    • level: 6
    Man, 24 doesn't nearly get as enough credit as it deserves. Probably because it's too specific and you have to watch EVRY episode to understand what's going on. And it's not a show that both casual and harcore fans can enjoy like Desperate Housewives or whatever.

I just hope the producers got enough income on their hands to keep the show going strong. Whatever the ratings are.

CTU81

[5]Dec 29, 2005
    • level: 25
    The_Head wrote:

I just hope the producers got enough income on their hands to keep the show going strong. Whatever the ratings are.

Ratings aren't a problem. It's already locked up for this season and next. It'll probably go 7 seasons ( like someone said on this board awhile ago, 24/7...24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week)

I do think the ratings are off, but 12 million viewers is still pretty damn good. Not gonna get cancelled or have a lack of income when 12 million are watching per week.

pooldude256

[6]Dec 29, 2005
    • level: 38
    CTU81 wrote:
    The_Head wrote:

Ratings aren't a problem. It's already locked up for this season and next. It'll probably go 7 seasons ( like someone said on this board awhile ago, 24/7...24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week)

I do think the ratings are off, but 12 million viewers is still pretty damn good. Not gonna get cancelled or have a lack of income when 12 million are watching per week.

FOX might keep it more than 7 seasons. It might make sense that it would end that way, but they probably will get more than 7 seasons. If not, I hope the series ends in a way everyone is happy with. But as long as its FOX's 2nd or 3rd highest rated show, it ain't goin' nowhere.

The_Head

[7]Dec 29, 2005
    • level: 6
    I'm not talking about cancelation. I just don't want the producers to be a little too careful on the money and perform cheap tricks on the show (the way Marwan fell of the building in last season's finale, or the goofy CGI-animated fighter jet that shot down the missle)

Especially after the high standard it has set for itself in the previous seasons).