24 Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Tony Almeida's Death?!

naotoyuki

[1]May 14, 2007
    • level: 4

I've re-watched Season 5 and well, did I miss something? It seemed on every conceivable angle that Tony died on the CTU Medical Room floor after being shot up with the pain inducing drug that was meant for Henderson... Graham Bauer was shot up with the same stuff and he's gone...

1. IF Tony is still alive, it's hard to believe that there would be no video of him getting up and walking away... How is it that NO ONE knows anything that happened to him? His file reads deceased... 2. IF Tony is still alive, why would they cover up evidence to make it look like he died only to give him another identity...

This doesn't make sense on any level so I wonder why people keep speculating that Tony is this mystery man...

At least when Jack faked his own death, there were people that knew...eg Chloe (who is still alive...)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mike53421

[2]May 14, 2007
    • level: 2

My justification, I'm trying to piece together how they can explain this without jumping the shark. And if this is the finale, the prequel for season 7 better be a 15 minute explanation of those two talking (Jack, Tony).

Season 5:

- Jack Bauer comes out of hiding; Chloe, Michelle, Tony, and David Palmer know he is really alive and has been.

- Chloe gets attacked (or almost)

- Michelle gets killed

- Tony gets attacked

- David gets killed

Maybe Tony's justification for going into hiding is to avoid anybody who may be planning harm to him, or who may punish him for not saying where Jack was that whole time? I don't know, it's a stretch, if this IS the ending, they better have a good explanation.

naotoyuki

[3]May 14, 2007
    so all we see in Season 5 that Tony is in Jack's arms and heavily medicated (pain inducing drug) and Jack is a pretty good judge of vital signs so if Jack says he's dead, I believe him and that's what was said in Season 5... besides, what could Tony have been possibly doing all this time?

coverme77

[4]May 14, 2007
    • level: 1

naotoyuki wrote:
    so all we see in Season 5 that Tony is in Jack's arms and heavily medicated (pain inducing drug) and Jack is a pretty good judge of vital signs so if Jack says he's dead, I believe him and that's what was said in Season 5... besides, what could Tony have been possibly doing all this time?

What does that mean?  Jack is a pretty good judge of vital signs?  Jack is as good as you or I, if you are dead, you are dead.  How is one "good at knowing vital signs"?

littleditylum

[5]May 14, 2007
    • level: 14
    i think they mean that he's killed enough people to know when dead is dead. i see ur point though

pkmn-source

[6]May 14, 2007

It's likely possible Tony would come back in the last few minute of 24 Season 6 finale leaving a cliff hanger for Season 7... I believe they'll make up a story that tony was in coma for a year and went into hiding as someone from both Jack and Tony's past wants to take them alive or something...

If what I'm seeing online is true about a veteran that is known to be dead in the series is coming back in the last episode of the finale, it's most likely Tony as it gives a lot of chances he didnt die. It couldn't be David Palmer cuz he was shot in the head and it won't make sense if they'll bring him back up.

If my hunches are correct, Season 7 will be about Jack and Tony's past running after them and it will involve Kim.. Who knows? Lol

selinakyle9

[7]May 15, 2007
    • level: 5
    If Tony comes back that will make all of Season 6 worth it! (Haha, ok, almost. )

naotoyuki

[8]May 15, 2007
    coverme77 wrote:

naotoyuki wrote:

What does that mean?  Jack is a pretty good judge of vital signs?  Jack is as good as you or I, if you are dead, you are dead.  How is one "good at knowing vital signs"?

I meant this in a way that Jack is always telling people that they weren't hit badly or it didn't cut an artery... also when people look like Tony did, if Jack could've revived him, don't you think he would have???

birddog200

[9]May 15, 2007
    • level: 6
    naotoyuki wrote:

I don't give a crap what hes been doing all this time, they could bring him back as a zombie for all I care, this show needs some of its badass characters back!

naotoyuki

[10]May 15, 2007
    true.

selinakyle9

[11]May 15, 2007
    • level: 5

birddog200 wrote:
    naotoyuki wrote:
    I don't give a crap what hes been doing all this time, they could bring him back as a zombie for all I care, this show needs some of its badass characters back!

I agree wholeheartedly with this last part.  It's been in dire need of badass characters that aren't named Jack Bauer.

wr8280

[12]May 15, 2007
    Please give it up people... he's not coming back. He had a terrible death and a lot of you can't accept it but so did Curtis and that doesn't mean he's still alive.

predictor32

[13]May 15, 2007
    • level: 3
    In the season 5 finale right before Jack kills Henderson, Jack says to Henderson that this to avenge the deaths of Tony Almeda, Michele, and President Logan. If Jack secretly knew that Tony was really alive, he never would have said what he said to Henderson because he was moments away from killing Henderson. Despite what i just said, i do think that '24' might bring Tony back. While i don't buy any of the plot justifications that people here are trying to make for bringing Tony back, '24' is not always concerned with consistent logical plotlines. The show could use Tony back because he was such an important character to the show. Would it be a Jump the Shark moment to bring back Tony? YES!!! However in my opinion, the show already Jumped the Shark when it revealed that Graem was Jack's brother. Bringing back Tony would make Season 6 the ultimate laughing stock season, but at least it would give us some hope for a revitalized Season 7.

wr8280

[14]May 15, 2007
    Geez theres like a topic on this almost every couple of days- just start an official I'm-in-denial-about-Tony's-death thread and have everyone put their two cents in there.

Moraldistinctio

[15]May 15, 2007

It would make no sense at all.  Even if they could devise the most plausible, logical and forthright explanation, it would still be complete and utter crap.  He is dead, there is no plot twist, no hidden agenda and above all else no reason to have him go into hiding. 

Do you honestly think he would have wanted to live after Michelle was killed?  "She's gone" should have made that extremely clear to the viewer that he was in fact going to die.

Edited on 05/15/2007 11:47am