24 Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

What is your favorite and least favorite season?

tv_addicted

[1]Feb 5, 2011
    • level: 1

My favorite is season 5 with no doubt, amazingly written and the show won the Emmy with this season.

Least favorite is season 6 , average, not exciting and thrilling, badly written, some episodes are really boring.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SeerMagicX

[2]Feb 23, 2011
    • level: 16
    Season 4 is my favorite. Season 6 has to be everyones least favorite. Bad writing, cliche & repeating storylines. It was really bad all over.

Nickylucas

[3]Mar 6, 2011
    • level: 23

I've only seen Season 1 and 2 (and loved them of course) but from what everyone's saying:

The best seems to be 1, 5, and 7.

The worst is Season 6 & 8. (Minus the first 4 of S6 and the second half of S8 )

In between seems to be 2, 3, and 4.

Edited on 03/06/2011 2:46pm

9th_kyu_of_doom

[4]Mar 26, 2011
    • level: 4

Season 6 sucked. Also the feel they took it kinda far with Jack raping everyones world.

Season 2 was probably the best for me.

HUSSEIN24

[5]Apr 13, 2011
    • level: 7
    All season are Greats and I don't know which one to pick.... maybe 2,4,5,7and 8

tooltime

[6]Apr 19, 2011
    • level: 12
    Best: 5
    Worst: 6

dex073

[7]May 23, 2011
    • level: 11

2 and 5

drlowdon

[8]Jun 14, 2011
    • level: 8

While probably not the best season my favourite was the first one. At the time it was like nothing else I'd ever seen on TV and while also excellent the following seasons where obviously similar.

jackbauer89

[9]Oct 3, 2011
    Season 3 is my favorite by far. To be honest, although there are obviously other factors that come into play, the major factor affecting the worth of a season of 24, for me, is the Jack / TONY storyline. I LOVE it when Tony is involved, as well as Jack, regardless of whether they are working together towards a common goal or they have their own agenda ( Tony in season 7 and also Tony in season 3 saving Michelle).

When Jack and Tony are given interesting storyline, the season becomes much more enjoyable for me. Therefore, season 3 hits the nail on the head

SPOILERS

Tony gets shot in the neck and the first time I wathced it, I thought he was going to die, to my shock. This was a phenomenal scene

Tony runs CTU

Tony goes against the law to save Michelle

Tony goes to prison and Michelle consequently leaves him

The tension between Jack and Tony

The lack of a very stupid Kim storyline (tbh, until season 7 I absolutely hated Kim's character)

Jack's drug habit and the consequent "darkness" of 24

The conclusion of a storyline (ie, we're not wondering what happens next)

Nina's death (this has got to be a winner)

Chappele's execution Ok, maybe some of the presidential story was not fantastic, but the elements of this season above completely overpowered any negative elements

Worst 24 seasons:

Season 6 and Season 8 - mainly because no Almeida, but other factors also. Having said that, ss 6 and 8 of 24 still better than any other show. Season 1 - Having rewatched it a number of times, I realized this season is too slow (ok, maybe more "realistic"), but once you already know Nina is the mole, a lot of the tension in this season is reduced. The revenge plot wasn't the smartest idea either. The only reason this seasons ranks high on others' lists is due to it being the first season (and something "new" on TV) and the classic Nina twist. In terms of re-watchability, not the best 24 season. Much better seasons have been made IMO. The other seasons:

Season 2: some classic tear gerking moments with Mason and his son and Jack and his daughter. A good presidential storyline, but Nina surviving and Kim being chased by a cougar killed it for me.

Season 4: Very close to season 3, except the Behrooz family (the mother) was sooo annoying to watch. Tony returning from prison to save Jack's life and getting back together with Michelle increased my sentiments towards this season A LOT. Also, the ending in season 4 could very well be the greatest ending of any 24 season. I would have been happy if it simply wrapped up like that. Beautiful. Season 5: Phenomenal white house plot. Brilliant acting by Charles Logan. A lot of unexpected assassinations, which was fantastic. But again the lack of Almeida killed me. Even if they "killed" him off later or if he got out of surgery and given more screen time or something. I just hate it when he doesn't have a major role. Season 7: A beautiful comeback from s 6. Again, Tony's back and I like his bad side. Renee was a very great addition. I really liked her character in both seasons. AND, Jack in the bed in the finale, talking to the Imam and Kim staring over him, this was the recipe for tears. Also, Kim's maturity was good in this season. I learned to like her. Overall

Season 3 - Tony's major involvement and Jack's darkness and MANY shock events

Season 4 - the best 24 finale with a great re-introduction of Tony

Season 5/7 - Can't decide, so I will equalize them

Season 2 - A lot of tearjerker moments and good presidential storyline. Farewell to Mason's character, who i really enjoyed. Season 1 - Not as much tension as compared to other seasons

Season 8 - I really liked Renee, but like I said, I hate it when there's no Tony. And the ending didn't feel too satisfying. Season 6 - No Tony, family involvement, going overboard, etc etc...but Curtis death was really good.

jackbauer89

[10]Oct 3, 2011
    Oh, another reason I would rank season 1 so low is because of Teri's character. She has got to be the worst actor in the world and her attitude completely made me go insane. Comparing her to Sherry Palmer. I don't like Sherry Palmer. I don't like her attitude. But the difference is Sherry's actor is a good actor and that's the impression I'm supposed to get, whereas Teri's actor is useless. Although I don't agree with Sherry I understand where she is coming from. Teri almost single handedly ruined season 1. I don't know how Jack ever put up with her or Season 1 Kim bauer.