24 Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

What month is 24 coming back on fox

mrc83

[1]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 11
    What month is 24 coming back on fox
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

generalbrent

[2]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 15

It was on last night!! you didn't watch it?? you missed out man.... jack killed the FBI, then he landed on the moon, killed tony, and then he ended the writers strike, all in the first two episodes!!

- In case you can't tell, i'm being sarcastic. There is no set premier date because of the strike. Once the strike is over (which allegedelly is within a week or two) they'll be able to work out what they want to do. This isn't top secret information either, its not that difficult to google or wiki for this information...

mrc83

[3]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 11
    Are they planned to cancelled the season 7 of 24 because of strike or what

lovemj

[4]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 14
    mrc83 wrote:
    Are they planned to cancelled the season 7 of 24 because of strike or what

There's already at least one thread dedicated to this discussion.

But, to answer your question - there is no answer! Even if the strike ended today, they probably wouldn't be able to write, film and produce the remaining episodes to get them aired by the end of May. And since TV Exec's view the summer months as a dead period, I don't know if they'd finish filming this season if it would air in the summer. So does that mean a fall return? Do we just lose this season and season 7 starts January 09? There's talk about a split season (STUPID STUPID STUPID).

nel50

[5]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 25
    Can't they just come back next Semptember?

philyfan23

[6]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 5
    Is there any chance they could run it through the summer? I know that viewing drops a lot in the summer, but do I think a show like 24 might be able to pull it off. Its definitely better than a split season.

Hoogs88

[7]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 8
    I'd be fine with a summer season. Heck, I'd be even more likely to catch the episodes when they air since I'm usually bored out of my mind during the summer, plus school's out.
    Edited on 02/03/2008 4:20pm

alanpalse_oc

[9]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 7
    In the FOX'S web site says 24 is coming back in 2008!! So eigther season 7 will be a summer season or will go in the fall... my guess SEPTEMBER-MAY!! And i think there's a chance that 24 ends in the 2009-10 season. Or maybe season 7 Ago-to-Nov 2008and the 8th season (the last one) Jan-to-May 2009. What do you think?? Sorry for my english :s

lovemj

[10]Feb 4, 2008
    alanpalse_oc wrote:
    In the FOX'S web site says 24 is coming back in 2008!! So eigther season 7 will be a summer season or will go in the fall... my guess SEPTEMBER-MAY!! And i think there's a chance that 24 ends in the 2009-10 season. Or maybe season 7 Ago-to-Nov 2008and the 8th season (the last one) Jan-to-May 2009. What do you think?? Sorry for my english :s

Fox hasn't changed their site since the Fall of 07.

I don't think they would do back to back seasons in the Fall of 08 and Spring of 09. However, they could do a summer 08 run, and a Spring 09 run. It would take a lot of work, and a commitment from the actors and writers, but it could work.

I would LOVE it if they ran the show during the summer, then returned with another new season January 09. But I doubt it will happen. Old logic says the summer months are a waste land for viewership. My logic says the summer may be a wasteland, but if you air a hit show like 24, enough viewers will tune in to make it worth it. Furthermore, the Studios need to realize that viewership is down by almost 25% because of the strike. Do they really want to wait until the fall to try to win viewers back?

And as for the split season idea - not just no, HELL NO!

Oh, and p.s., remember that, while the Directors have cut a deal and the writers are just about to, the Actors union is threatening to go on strike this summer. I know, with the DGA deal and the supposed WGA deal, it would be insane for the Actors to strike...but...

djariya

[11]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 19
    Keep in mind also, the Olympics are coming in August and that's going to take away alot of network TV viewership from scripted shows. So, we'll see what FOX decides to do once the strike officially ends.

dizneycrazy

[12]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 10
    the olympics are in china so don't for get there would be that delay on showing them and espn and other networks would be all over the olympics not fox. so a summer season of 24 might happen.

ModernTimes

[13]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 9
    djariya wrote:
    Keep in mind also, the Olympics are coming in August and that's going to take away alot of network TV viewership from scripted shows. So, we'll see what FOX decides to do once the strike officially ends.

If I recall the last time the olympics were on they recieved terrible ratings.

hapat

[14]Feb 7, 2008
    Yeah screw them, much rather watch 24.

johnweeks

[15]Feb 7, 2008
    • level: 1

Finally I'm able to post a message on here! Took me a while to figure out I had to close my internet browser down and bring it back up to get it to work.

Anyway, 24 is a great show! I honestly believe it will return in the Fall, but if it does come back in the summer months I will still be watching it. Avid 24 fans won't care when the show comes on...they just care that it comes back. In fact I welcome a summer showing! It will give me something to watch on the tube!!!

Go 24!!!!! Woot!!!!

synchro505

[16]Feb 7, 2008
    • level: 5

Isn't the first episode of the new season already in the can? If not, perhaps some rough cuts from post production will "leak" onto the internet a few months before it airs. One can hope.

What about plans for a feature film? Or will that occur only after the show has ended? Hmmm....

BrianSolo

[17]Feb 10, 2008
    • level: 8
    i thought the first 8 eps were in the can. i don't see why they can't get the season rolling in september, but they'll probably make us wait.

djariya

[18]Feb 10, 2008
    8 episodes are filmed. The soonest we will see 24 could be August or September....Or FOX could premiere it in November after the baseball playoffs. Even with the strike ending this week, we're not out of the woods yet, SAG's contract with the AMPTP is up in June or July and that could possibly interrupt summer filming of season 7.

The feature film is on hold until after the series is over.

hapat

[19]Feb 11, 2008
    Well it took them what 2 months and a little bit to film 8 episodes. So if they get up and running by the end of the month, which they more than likely will, they'll pretty much have the whole season filmed by June and it will be completely done by the end of June, so a Producers strike may mess up other shows but 24 should be fine.

djariya

[20]Feb 11, 2008
    You mean Actor's strike (SAG).

The only trouble I see is that it normally takes 10 months to film 24 episodes and since they probably don't have anything written for episodes 9-24 yet, it's probably going to take most of the summer and probably going into the fall to finish the remainder of the season.