24 Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Will we ever see our friend Almeida again???

ArtCorvelay

[1]Mar 26, 2010
    • level: 8

After the devastating news that our beloved series is canceled I have to ask the question... Is there any hope at all for Almeida's return this year??? I know they are at least 22 episodes down if they aren't done completely so I need to know: Is there any chance it has been kept a tightly guarded secret? I am not one for spoilers so I have never really searched them for 24 so I have no idea if fans always know the big twists and returns or if some are totally secret... Any ideas???

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rockworm5039

[2]Mar 27, 2010
    • level: 9
    Doubt it but if he does come back I don't want to know about it until he shows up.

umair_23

[3]Mar 28, 2010
    • level: 12
    if this is the last season then i really want him to comeback..

generalbrent

[4]Mar 28, 2010
    • level: 15
    The chances of him coming back are pretty much 0. If he was to have a comeback in the final few episodes, there probably isn't enough time to give him proper redemption - which is really the only reason he'd be brought back.

If he was brought back in the way Mandy came back at the end of season 2, then they'd be making a season 9 as it is setting something up.

That all said, it appears that the 24: Movie idea is going ahead, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him there

jrosace92

[5]Mar 28, 2010
    • level: 7
    generalbrent wrote:
    The chances of him coming back are pretty much 0. If he was to have a comeback in the final few episodes, there probably isn't enough time to give him proper redemption - which is really the only reason he'd be brought back.

If he was brought back in the way Mandy came back at the end of season 2, then they'd be making a season 9 as it is setting something up.

That all said, it appears that the 24: Movie idea is going ahead, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him there

Yea I heard about that movie idea, which means they might bring Tony in as they did Mandy in season 2 in order to set up for the movie

taylorangelgirl

[6]Mar 29, 2010
    • level: 2

you mean tony almeida yeach right too late for that it not going to happen maybe when they actually do another movie like redemption maybe they can make him come back

brain05

[7]Mar 29, 2010
    I really really really hope so, but I doubt it will happen. I hope he at least gets mentioned if we aren't going to see him in the final season.

Maybe he'll be in the movie (fingers crossed)

hapat

[8]Mar 29, 2010
    • level: 14
    Don't hold your breath for any regular members of the cast, besides Jack to be in the movie. Main reason Fox will stick their noses where it doesn't belong and want more bankable stars because with them it will make oh so much money, who cares if it's crap or more of the same old same old, we just want bigger named stars.

Plus they are filming the final two episodes now, so unless it's like Mandy, no chance what so ever he'll be back.

raziela12

[9]Mar 29, 2010

Oh come on, all this fanboy-crap... Being sent to prison is as wrapped up as it could possibly get. People keep complaining about stupid storylines and twists all the time. Bringing tony back for another stupid far fetched reason is just idiotic. It would be even worse than this "only renee can rescue us, because she's been undercover with the russian mob"-fu** continuity- Storyline...

Tony's arc is done, and it should stay that way, the finale doesn't get better if every goddamn character is in it, it gets worse...

hapat

[10]Mar 29, 2010
    Acutally the producers said they had another pivotal arc for him, but I guess they never could fit it in this season. Plus it wasn't really wrapped up completely, but yeah if they just bring him back for the heck of it, then stupid.

brain05

[11]Mar 29, 2010
    raziela12 wrote:

Oh come on, all this fanboy-crap... Being sent to prison is as wrapped up as it could possibly get. People keep complaining about stupid storylines and twists all the time. Bringing tony back for another stupid far fetched reason is just idiotic. It would be even worse than this "only renee can rescue us, because she's been undercover with the russian mob"-fu** continuity- Storyline...

Tony's arc is done, and it should stay that way, the finale doesn't get better if every goddamn character is in it, it gets worse...

Obviously it would need to be an appropriate storyline. I never said I wanted him back just for the sake of seeing him back. I agree there would need to be a reason for it. Generally 24 is pretty good about finding reasons for characters to come back. There are some stretches, sure, but there has never been anything too bad. (Renee this year may be the biggest stretch we've ever gotten)

raziela12

[12]Mar 29, 2010

Yeah, that wasn't supposed to be an offensive comment towards any of you, I just had to vent a bit, after all you have to read in any given thread here " mimimi bring tony back"...

From a greater point of view I'm sure Tony's story isn't quite wrapped up fully, but as far as I'm concerned, if they wanted to bring him back, they would have at least build up to it for about half a season, and even then it's such a stretch, but whatever, if I liked it or not, it wouldn't be anything 24 hasn't done already before. Sometimes you really have to think there's only about 5 people in their whole Universe that know about the stuff they need.

"Hey, we need some Insider that worked for some Terrorists."- "Oh yeah, I know that guy, tony, he's the only guy in the world that was ever undercover with terrorists" -" awesome, let's give him full immunity for his help"

rockworm5039

[13]Mar 29, 2010
    LOL I agree we don't need Tony. He'd have to break out of prison or something because giving him a pardon for the stuff he's done would be jumping the shark. I don't think Jack would even consider it. It would be out of character.

warthogjump

[14]Mar 29, 2010
    • level: 8
    I have to see Tony before the show ends otherwise I will be depressed. Maybe even Jack visiting him in prison in the last hour or something, I don't know. I just want to see Tony before the show ends.

luvinx

[15]Mar 29, 2010
    • level: 20

I think the only thing we may get about Tony is a mention. Unless this is the best kept secret ever, he is not supposed to be appearing this season.

I think as much as they said they were prepared for 8 being the end, and as much as they planned for it, I think a definite decision earlier may have allotted them the ability to bring in older characters they may have wanted to revisit before the end of the series. As it is now, that is impossible.

hapat

[16]Mar 30, 2010
    Yeah they were open to another season all along and then when Fox said no, they changed their tune. "Oh we feel it's time to end it." Only reason they feel that is because Fox chopped them off. If Fox gave them another season they'd be singing a different tune.

Anyway yeah unless it's the best kept secret ever he won't be back. Oh and giving him a pardon for the stuff he's done is jumping the shark?????

Ummmmm let's see Mandy got a pardon, Logan got a pardon sorta, Hodges got a pardon, Singer got a pardon(was revoked but still got one), Nina got one and so on and so forth. So giving him one would be jumping the shark????....hahahahahaahaha sureeeeee

rockworm5039

[17]Mar 30, 2010
    hapat wrote:
    Yeah they were open to another season all along and then when Fox said no, they changed their tune. "Oh we feel it's time to end it." Only reason they feel that is because Fox chopped them off. If Fox gave them another season they'd be singing a different tune.

Anyway yeah unless it's the best kept secret ever he won't be back. Oh and giving him a pardon for the stuff he's done is jumping the shark?????

Ummmmm let's see Mandy got a pardon, Logan got a pardon sorta, Hodges got a pardon, Singer got a pardon(was revoked but still got one), Nina got one and so on and so forth. So giving him one would be jumping the shark????....hahahahahaahaha sureeeeee

Yes I stand by that statement bringing tony back like that would be jumping the shark with those other people it was necessary because they were the only ones who had information on the current crisis. You really think Jack going to Tony's prison cell to ask for his help and offer him a pardon would be acceptable? Only way I can see Tony helping is if he had escape from prison and went good again. LOL would make season 7 pretty pointless don't you think?

brain05

[18]Mar 30, 2010
    It could be possible that he had information they needed. He was under deep cover trying to root out Wilson's organization for a long time. That would actually be more plausible than the Renee going undercover with the Russians storyline.

rockworm5039

[19]Mar 31, 2010
    brain05 wrote:
    It could be possible that he had information they needed. He was under deep cover trying to root out Wilson's organization for a long time. That would actually be more plausible than the Renee going undercover with the Russians storyline.

Perhaps but the only one with information regarding the current terrorist threat? Not while being in prison I think its a stretch to write him in that way.

airtuna08

[20]Mar 31, 2010
    • level: 7

I think it's safe to say that the show has already jumped the shark. Had it not, it wouldn't have been canceled. No shows/movies ever go out on top. Where's there's money still to be made, people will continue to shove the product in your face.