24 Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Will we ever see our friend Almeida again???

rockworm5039

[21]Mar 31, 2010
    • level: 9
    airtuna08 wrote:

I think it's safe to say that the show has already jumped the shark. Had it not, it wouldn't have been canceled. No shows/movies ever go out on top. Where's there's money still to be made, people will continue to shove the product in your face.

LOL so shows only get cancelled when they jump the shark?
    so FOX is never at blame for deciding to cut the cord?
    HMM didn't know shows like Firefly jumped the shark in 11 episodes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

brain05

[22]Apr 1, 2010
    • level: 15
    The term "jump the shark" is thrown about way too often. I'm so sick of hearing it. People have been throwing that term around since season 3.

rockworm5039

[23]Apr 1, 2010
    brain05 wrote:
    The term "jump the shark" is thrown about way too often. I'm so sick of hearing it. People have been throwing that term around since season 3.

Yeah I'm starting to think its overused myself. It gives people an excuse to hate a certain storyline. If you don't like a storyline just say as much. I've been bashing on the dana walsh stuff from the start but I don't think its jumping the shark I think its just bad writing.

Mlebaron

[24]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 11
    Well, if there isn't any time to fit Tony into season 8, maybe they can hide a Cubs mug in there somewhere.

Personally, I'm waiting to see Aaron Pierce. You've gotta think that the writers have been trying to find a way to shoehorn him into an episode or two. It just wouldn't be 24 if he doesn't show up.

generalbrent

[25]Apr 13, 2010
    With the death of Renee, I think the chances of Tony returning in the movie just slightly increased.

The only characters that we'd wanna see in the movie would have been: Jack, Chloe, Taylor, Renee and Tony. All the other popular characters are dead. Now Renee is dead too.

Plus, who will be Jack's sidekick? Freddie Prinze Jr? Despite not being crap this season, I doubt he'll make it to the movie.

And yes, where the hell is Aaron this season???

brain05

[26]Apr 13, 2010
    I wouldn't be surprised if Cole made it into the movie, just because he's Freddie Prinze Jr. Not saying he's an A-list celebrity, but he is well known.

I wonder if they'll do all new characters for a movie. I would love to see many familiar faces in the movie, but new characters is something they might do.

I'm not shocked that Renee got killed, just because that's just like the show to do and for some reason I really didn't see her being in the movie (it was just a feeling), but I am shocked that it happened at this point in the season. I thought that if they were to kill her off, it would have been at the end.

I hope Aaron shows up at some point.

I would love to see Tony in the movie. They would have to come up with a great reason, but I hope they kept him alive for something.

rockworm5039

[27]Apr 14, 2010
    I'm thinking make Tony the main villain of the movie. Jack has to stop him and even kill him because Tony just doesn't care in the slightest about anyones life. Its not that big of a stretch after season 7. Maybe it would help tie in the Wilson group if Tony's the villain like in season 7 and he's not even pretending to be a good guy.

ArtCorvelay

[28]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 8

Chloe is a near guarantee for the movie. She has become as much a fan favorite as anyone. It would be a big mistake not to involve her. Also if they are smart they will keep Taylor as the president. My biggest concern is that they cast a big star as the "new" prez. Which would suck.

But anyway back on topic... I sadly do not see Tony in the movie considering it takes place in the UK. I also don't see them tying a movie in so closely with the show (ie a redemption story for Tony) because it risks alienating 'new' fan bases.

Though there is hope... after all Star Trek's Wrath of Khan brought back the villain Khan from a classic episode... though with a new and famous actor playing him.... So we may get Tony in the movie but he might be played by George Clooney...

Edited on 04/14/2010 10:13pm
    Edited 3 total times.

rockworm5039

[29]Apr 15, 2010
    LOL George Clooney and Jack Bauer is played by Bruce Willis. And Chloe is played by... pfft I dunno some dumb actress who couldn't hold a candle to Mary Lynn.
    LOL from what I'm hearing being made in hollywood I'm really worried that they might ruin it with a movie.
    I mean their doing a Buffy remake and Joss Whedon doesn't want anything to do with it. With projects like that we can easily get a 24 movie that has no resemblance to 24 at all.
    Best case scenario its a blockbuster hit brings in new fans and everyones happy *fingers crossed*
    Worst case scenario it sucks beyond comparison and its not considered canon by anyone.
    Personally I'd be satisfied if they just made another TV movie like Redemption.
    And I really think it would be awesome to make Tony the main villain.

jrosace92

[30]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 7
    brain05 wrote:
    I wonder if they'll do all new characters for a movie. I would love to see many familiar faces in the movie, but new characters is something they might do.

I think bringing on new characters would be bad because with old characters, fans of the tv show already kno them so they don't really need back stories, then again they also need to appeal to non-fans of the show....

rockworm5039 wrote:
    I'm thinking make Tony the main villain of the movie. Jack has to stop him and even kill him because Tony just doesn't care in the slightest about anyones life. Its not that big of a stretch after season 7. Maybe it would help tie in the Wilson group if Tony's the villain like in season 7 and he's not even pretending to be a good guy.

Ever since Tony went bad in season 7, I've been antsy for a final showdown between Jack and Tony.

generalbrent

[31]Apr 16, 2010
    jrosace92 wrote:

Ever since Tony went bad in season 7, I've been antsy for a final showdown between Jack and Tony.

They showed-down a few times in season 7. They had a few fights, they shot at each other an so on.

Personally, it would suck if Tony came back in the movie. Honestly, what more can he do? He's story is over.

rockworm5039

[32]Apr 16, 2010
    generalbrent wrote:
    jrosace92 wrote:

They showed-down a few times in season 7. They had a few fights, they shot at each other an so on.

Personally, it would suck if Tony came back in the movie. Honestly, what more can he do? He's story is over.

Kill him for real this time.

II_Seraphim_II

[33]Apr 18, 2010
    • level: 6
    He wont come back, but damn I wish he would! My sister and I love Tony! After Jack, Tony is the man! I remember back in the days when he and Jack were fighting for Nina. Good times, good times

Mlebaron

[34]Apr 19, 2010
    • level: 11
    ArtCorvelay wrote:

Though there is hope... after all Star Trek's Wrath of Khan brought back the villain Khan from a classic episode... though with a new and famous actor playing him.... So we may get Tony in the movie but he might be played by George Clooney...

Khan was played by Ricardo Montalban in both the Star Trek season 1 episode "Space Seed" and the film "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan." They didn't get a new actor to replace him.

That said, if Tony doesn't appear in season 8, they better work him into the movie to give him some resolution/closure.

Also, I hope they don't turn 24 into a movie franchise. One and done should give them a chance to "end" the series on their own terms.

II_Seraphim_II

[35]Apr 19, 2010
    • level: 6
    Mlebaron wrote:

Also, I hope they don't turn 24 into a movie franchise. One and done should give them a chance to "end" the series on their own terms.

I agree with this whole-heartedly. It's obvious the show's premise has lost steam, so there is no need to start milking it from the movie angle.