24 Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Your favorite Day?

Hip_Hop_Beats

[1]May 24, 2010
    • level: 4

Definitely Day 5 for me. That season was action packed from start to finish. They wasted no time getting into the plot, which was very intense and surprising, and the ending was crazy! Plus Logan's character was ingenious and was the villain you love to hate. I usually root for the bad guys but I really despised him by the end of the season. And who can forget that Silent Clock with Edgar? No way you could watch that episode without having a reaction. Next on the list would have to be Day 7, Tony was back in full effect and Renee was an excellent sidekick to Jack. 3rd would have to be Day 1, even though it was a little over the top with the Kim Bauer moments, David Palmer's story with his family was very entertaining and the character development of Tony from nosy co-worker to take charge and get things done attitude was classic.

Edited on 05/24/2010 10:48pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Genetic_Code

[2]May 24, 2010
    • level: 14

I liked Day 1 the best, because it was slower and more personal, but I have the fondest memories of Day 5, because that's when I started watching the show and it was very fresh at the time.

I also liked Day 6 a lot. However, I'm tired of being criticized for liking Day 6,. Let's just say I loved how the story changed through Day 6 on the smallest of details. I think I'll need to watch the seasons all over again. Days 2 and 3 was also good. I like all the seasons actually.

Oh yeah, I forgot my list. It goes: 1, 6, 7, 3, 5, 2, 4.

Edited on 05/24/2010 8:50pm
    Edited 2 total times.

rockworm5039

[3]May 24, 2010
    • level: 9
    I want to revise my list as I currently have a change of heart.
    For a while I've been saying season 7 is the best but I want to bump season 5 above that now it just feels right. and after tonights finale my list goes.

airtuna08

[4]May 24, 2010
    • level: 7

1-The Beginning, epic Jack

2-Vintage Palmer

5-Great storyline and twists

4-Fabulous 2nd half/ending

7-Jack's Redemption

8-Good 2nd half

6-Decent finale

3-At least there was a hot mexican woman to look at...

Edited on 05/24/2010 9:10pm

jonnyfan

[5]May 24, 2010

Season One and Season Five are my favorites.

LanderHaasken

[6]May 24, 2010
    • level: 5
    Season 5 was the most entertaining week in and week out. Season 4 is my favorite to rewatch on DVD. Season 2 got me hooked.... Overall season 5 is my favorite though.

legersem

[7]May 24, 2010
    • level: 20

5 - Because nothing can top the things that happened in Day 5. Think about one of the most emotional and most shocking moments from 24. Chances are that moment came from Day 5. Palmer and Michelle's sudden deaths within ten minutes of the start of the season, Logan's jaw-dropping reveal which absolutely trumped Nina's, Edgar's death which still leaves me close to tears, Aaron finally coming into his own, and the shocking end with Jack being kidnapped by the Chinese. I didn't realize how much I loved this season until I looked back on it in retrospect.

7 - Day 7 kept you guessing and on the edge of your seat the entire time. From the attack on the White House to Jack's incredibly touching and emotional reunion with Kim, this season was incredibly well put together and they utilized the DC location very well. Add in Cherry Jones's remarkable performance and you have a day worth remembering.

8 - It just ended less than a half hour ago for me, but man did this season turn itself around from the beginning. Starting with the episode ending in the EMP blast, every episode since has been incredibly action-packed and filled with twists and turns unlike any other. Right down to the very emotional series finale which almost left me in tears, there was superb acting and fantastic writing. If the first half of the season had been better, this very well could have been the best season.

3 - From the beginning, the writers had been hard at work hammering out this season and it showed as the season progressed. The twist involving Gael, Tony, and Jack was flawlessly pulled off and a lot of character development was put into this season, particularly around Michelle and Tony. This season saw the satisfying end of two classic 24 villains - Nina and Sherri - while ushering in the best character they could ever have introduced: Chloe O'Brian.

1 - What can I say? It was the original, the beginning, the first day Jack Bauer showed us how awesome he could be. 24 at its most basic yet it was carried out with such skill that there's a reason people kept coming back for more. Nina showed herself to be the original mole in CTU who was never forgotten after her ruthless murder of Teri, a moment which defined 24 forever.

6 - Yes, everyone thinks that this was one of the worst seasons ever, but I didn't mind it. Yes, the cliched storyline of his Jack's father being the villain was used, but it was used well. I will argue that the most shocking moment in the history of the show was when that nuclear bomb went off in Valencia. My jaw was open for a good five minutes after that particular episode ended. While it may have had a disappointing finish with where they left Jack and Audrey, that finale defined Jack's character arc and it couldn't have happened any better.

4 - In retrospect, not as good of a season as I thought it was. They used the same villain throughout, the storyline involving the Araz family got stale, and the fact that everything was different at the beginning of the season was increasingly frustrating as the season progressed, especially since you didn't know what happened to Palmer, Tony, or Michelle for quite some time. However, despite these setbacks, the reason it is not the worst is because it had two standout moments which I still go back and watch to this day: the scene in which Jack allowed Paul Raines to die to save that Chinese man and the final moment in which Audrey finds out that Jack is "dead". Those scenes were emotionally draining to watch and your heart reached out to Audrey in those moments. After all, this season introduced Audrey Raines in the first place, Jack's best love interest ever.

2 - After a while, the believability you have to suspend to watch 24 just cannot be suspended anymore. Day 2 has been dubbed "The Wacky Adventures of Kim Bauer" for a reason. Kim completely ruined season 2 for me due to her constant inability to make smart decisions and stay out of trouble. By the time Kim took her trip to Cougar Town, I was rolling my eyes and thinking, "Oh, Kim" over and over. It just goes to show how bad that storyline was when that is really all I can remember about that season. Elsewhere, Marie being in on the attack was a good twist and Mason proved he wasn't a complete tool with his final moments, but that wasn't enough to make up for Kim's entire day. However, I will say that the season finale, in which we left a poisoned David Palmer gasping on the ground, possibly dying, was one of the most frustrating season finales that I have ever seen. I don't know how people survived that summer and I thank God that I was able to watch the first episode of season 3 immediately after.

paulk2010

[8]May 25, 2010
    • level: 3

I'm so surprised how low season 3 comes on everybodys list ..... i understand someof the plots were fantastical (prison break, the tony/jack mexican undercover sting).... but man were they entertaining !!! And there were just too many super cool things that happened this season that cannot be ignored ....

- Jacks heroine addiction

- the older salazar brother that was in jail, such charisma, loved him as a villain, reeeeeeeeeally wanted to kill jack on that plane

- prison break

- Jack kills chappelle

- Jack finally kills Nina

- Introducing .... chloe !!

- Jack woulda shot chase in the head

- Jack chops off Chase's hand .... one of my fav and WOWEST!! 24 moments (don date this mans daughter .....)

- Jack's lil breakdown at the end in the car, then gets called back to work ....possibly my fav ever 24 scene

There will never be anything like 24 again. My list - 3,5,1,7,8,2,4,6

Edited on 05/25/2010 1:02am

rockworm5039

[9]May 25, 2010
    I agree season 3 was awesome.. the only reason its lower on my list is because the ones ahead of it are just awesomer for me lol.
    And it loses points for that whole stupid Kyle Singer BS.

Saiyans91

[10]May 25, 2010
    • level: 8

This is my list from favourite to least:

Season 5 - Pure Utter Brilliance from start to finish. Best season of any show. Highlights: Palmer's, Michelle's, Edgar's,Tony's "death". Charles Logan twist and his arrest for treason. Sentox Nerve gas conspiracy.

Season 4 - Highly Underated in my opinion. Action Packed from start to finish! Loved it! Highlights: Paul raines death and Jack faking his death are some of the best moments on television ever.

Season 8 - After the second half of this season it just shot up to number 3 spot, f***ing amazing! Too bad the first half wasn't that good. Highlights: CTU attack, Jack's killing Spree, Hassan and Renee's death, the ending.

Season 7 - A season filled with Twists and Turns, some amazing performances and alot of emotional scenes. Highlights: Tony as a villain, White House attack, Renee Walker, Final episodes with Jack exposed to the virus

Season 1 - The one where it all began, very suspensful yet simple. Had amazing twists and the best ending of any tv show. Highlights: Nina myers is revealed to be the mole, Teri's death.

Season 3 - Very good season, especially the second half. Highlights: Prison Break, Death of Ryan Chapelle, Tony and Michelle storylines.

Season 2 - An ok season with goodmain storyline but Kim's crap really detracted from the greatness of the season. Highlights: George Mason's sacrifice, Palmers attempted assasination attempt, Jack "dieing".

Season 6 - Pretty crappy season with too much familydrama and some lame sub circuit story. Highlights: Curtis's death and the Nuke going off.

I am quite sad 24 ended today. But it ended with a Bang so 3 cheers!!

Edited on 05/25/2010 7:20am

sluggerss

[11]May 25, 2010
    • level: 4
    I have a hard time ranking them, as they all were great, some better than others. I put them in tiers:

Tier 1 - Seasons 4 & 8

Tier 2 - Seasons 2, 3, 5, 7

Tier 3 - Seasons 1 & 6

I think I am going to try to watch seasons 1-8 in order again, once the DVD for season 8 comes out. Speaking of, I heard its not going to be released until Dec 7th....I wonder why so long?

LuckyLewis

[12]May 25, 2010

1, 5, 7, 8, 2, 3, 4, 6

Even though season 6 is the worst season of 24 in my mind, I still think it's better than any other show on TV. Season 1 and 5 are very close for me and I think the reason 1 goes ahead of 5 is because its the only season I watched on DVD. Not having to wait a week for the next hour was critical in my reception in season 1. Because of 24's format some episodes should not be watched by themselves. Many episodes are superior when you watch a few at a time compared to once a week.

airtuna08

[13]May 25, 2010

sluggerss wrote:
    I have a hard time ranking them, as they all were great, some better than others. I put them in tiers: Tier 1 - Seasons 4 & 8 Tier 2 - Seasons 2, 3, 5, 7 Tier 3 - Seasons 1 & 6 I think I am going to try to watch seasons 1-8 in order again, once the DVD for season 8 comes out. Speaking of, I heard its not going to be released until Dec 7th....I wonder why so long?

Every DVD set was released in December following the season. Season 7 was the lone exception because they had the entire writer's strike to put it together.

ModernTimes

[14]May 25, 2010

It's so hard to choose, and aside from S5 being #1 my list constantly fluctuates. OK, from best to worst here we go:

5: The closest 24 ever was to perfection. If only they hadn't ruined Tony's storyline. His revival in S7 is the writers admission that they screwed up,

1: This season is unlike any other because Jack is forever changed at the end. Also, it did help that the story and characters were strong throughout.

4: This is the definition of uneven and action-packed. The opening is tremendous and then a few episodes lag after Chloe is fired but before Tony returns. This season is unique because it's the transient season between the old and the new. It's scary to think how good S4 would have been if the old mainstays returned earlier and if Chloe didn't get fired.

2: I highly suggest you fast-forward every scene with Kim. Once you do, season 2 becomes much, much better. Especially the first 14 episodes. Also of note, season 2 has the best political storyline of the entire series next to 5.

3: Though it has several plot holes, a weak middle, and a weak finale, S3 still manages to be charming and exciting. Jack and Chase made a good duo, and for once CTU didn't have your typical mole.

7: The return of Tony was very sweet. He was better in S7 than he was in any other. Unfortunately, his detainment and capture at the end was incredibly stupid. He should have killed Wilson quickly and escaped, but I digress. Anyway, the political storyline is solid, and the action is nonstop.

6: The first four episodes are insane.

8: Uneven and boring most of the time, though the series finale was excellent.

Edited on 05/25/2010 9:50am

rockworm5039

[15]May 25, 2010

rockworm5039 wrote:
    I want to revise my list as I currently have a change of heart. For a while I've been saying season 7 is the best but I want to bump season 5 above that now it just feels right. and after tonights finale my list goes. 5,8,7,1,3,6,4,2

Ok I'm going to make my list like others and give my reasons.

5. What can I say that hasn't been said already? This is 24 at its best by far. I know I said before that season 7 was better but a guy can change his mind right? Anyway there really is nothing I can complain about except maybe how they brought in someone like Sean Astin and wasted him. Or that Tony's storyline was weak until season 7.

8. Ok yes it started off slow and we can all do without Dana Walsh but it more than redeemed itself in the end. Its my second favorite for a lot of reasons but the way it felt like season 1 more than any other season since 1 makes it feel full circle.

7. This season has the strongest overall storyline IMO. From Tony being back alive to Dubaku's attacks to the seige on the white house and lets not forget Jonas Hodges possibly the best villain the show has ever had. Jon Voigt prove how brilliant an actor he is and my only gripe is that he was captured to easily. I would've loved to see him cause more trouble but small complaint as it opened the door for Tony to be the villain one of the best plot twist of the series

1. It started it all. Without it we wouldn't be here talking about the best show ever. For the most part when I think of 24 my mind goes back to season 1. Its hard to ignore how it started and the only reason its so low on my list is because the ones above are just better IMO

3. The Sting operation with the virus is one of the coolest storys ever. When they went down to mexico I was thrilled and Kinda wish they stayed there a bit longer but Stephen Saunders was the real bad guy here and he was awesome. Its only problem is the Kyle Single stuff at the start was pointless and we could just do without it.

6. Yeah Yeah I know most people hated this season... Well I don't. Every time I rewatch it I can't for the life of me figure out what's everyone's problem with it. The family drama? I loved it James Cromwell played Jack's dad great and I absolutely loved Fayed what an evil biatch. My main complaint is that they bring in Logan only to toss him aside what a waste.

4. Strong season throughout. I loved that they used one villain through the whole day. And the Araz family was just brilliant especially the mom. Led to possibly the best season finale with Jack faking his death and everything. But it's really brought down my list for how bizzare Marwan's plan was.... kidnap heller to steal nuclear override to set off all nuclear power plants in the country to shoot down air force one to stealing the nuclear football to steal a nuclear missle..... what the hell is that? Does Marwan have a Nuke fetish?

2. Just because its at the bottom doesn't mean I hate it. There's some really great stuff in this season and it never gets old with rewatches. Its really brought down with Kim's storyline. But heres the thing I'll gladly take Kim's storyline here. Strange thing happened last night after the series finale I realized I love everything about this show even the bad parts. I am incapable of fast forwarding through anything.

Edited on 05/25/2010 12:44pm

bauer81

[16]May 26, 2010

S5 (12/10) S1 (11/10) S4 (11/10) S2 (10/10) S8 (9.5/10) S7 (9/10) S3 (9/10) S6 (8.5/10)

aondieki

[17]May 26, 2010
    • level: 5

It's definitely a tie between 4 & 5 because those two seasons go together better than any other two.

Saiyans91

[18]May 26, 2010

aondieki wrote:

It's definitely a tie between 4 & 5 because those two seasons go together better than any other two.

Couldn't agree more.

Edited on 05/26/2010 9:50am

johanntalving2

[19]May 26, 2010
    • level: 10

1. Season 1

2. Season 5

3. Season 3

4. Season 4

5. Season 7

6. Season 6

7. Season 8

8. Season 2

ErnstMeier10

[20]May 26, 2010
    • level: 1

I've just re-watched (or in the case of season 8, watched) all seasons within the last year, so they're all relatively fresh in my mind. Not that that helps; I've changed my mind countless times whilst coming up with the order, with the top 5 all in with a shout for the no.1 spot. Here goes:

[SPOILERS THROUGHOUT]

Season 8: The brilliant second half more then makes up for the rather lacklustre (but not without its moments) first half. Hassan's death, the EMP, Jack's revenge rampage, Logan, and Renee's near-execution while Jack listens helplessly are all highlights. A fitting send-off to an amazing series. Having said that, WHERE WAS AARON PIERCE?!

Season 3: Firstly, Chappelle's death is one of the greatest tv scenes of all time ("the only friends I have are the people I work with"... awww, you go ahead and believe that Ryan). A couple of excellent twists with the old mole storyline; first finding out that "bad-guy" Gael was in fact working for CTU, and then finding out that he wasn't a bad-guy at all. Also loved the whole hotel virus storyline, Nina's death, and Tony and Michelle. As already mentioned in other posts, season 3 also saw the introduction of classic character Chloe O'Brian (although the baby storyline is a bit silly), and one of my personal faves, Chase. The political storyline is pretty poor untill untill Sherry shows up though.

Season 5: An exhilarating season throughout. The Logan's give us the best political story since season 2, Henderson's death is one of the best bad-guy deaths in the series (along with Victor Drazen, Nina, and Dana), and Edgar's death just may be the most heartbreaking and emotional moment ive ever witnessed on tv. Shame about Tony's "death" and the fact that Palmer and Michelle were robbed of the deaths that their characters deserved in favour of a shocking opening to the season (although I suppose I'll let that slide as it was necessary for bringing Jack into the story).

Season 7: Some great new characters (Renee, Pres Taylor), Tony's return, and some truly classic 24 moments (the white house siege, Renee being buried alive, and Tony killing Larry) made this season well worth the 2 year wait. Even the mole story was alright.

Season 2: Kim's ridiculous sequence of events prevents this otherwise amazing season from challenging for the top spot. This season had without a doubt the best political storyline in my opinion, with both of the Palmer's, Mike Novick, and Lynne Kresge all on top form, as well as the first in a long line of shady vice-presidents in Charles Widmore Jim Prescott. The Marie Warner twist is possibly the best major twist that 24 has ever done; I for one was completely fooled. The episode with the nuke explosion is in my top 3 episodes of 24, bringing an end to a brilliant season for George Mason.

Season 1: An absolute game-changer that can more than stand the test of time. The first half is brilliant, particularly the Alan York twist (the moment I knew 24 was going to be something special) and the very tense episodes where Gaines is controlling Jack via earpiece. The second half has more than its fair share of dodgy storylines (Teri's amnesia, anyone?), but it ended with the best finale that 24 has ever done (Jack's rampage, Palmer's ownage of Sherry, and of course Teri's death... stunning).

Season 4: Consistently entertaining throughout, but never quite reaches true 24 greatness (with the exception of Paul Raines' death - powerful stuff). The fact that I can't think of much more to write pretty much sums up this solid but safe season.

Season 6: Better than what most people think in my opinion, but still the lowest on my list. The first 4 episodes are spectacular, and a solid pace is sustained for much of the first two thirds of the season, but then the whole circuit-board/Audrey storyline turns up. The fact that Jacks family were in on it (as well as events of season 5) was also a bit daft, although it did provide some good scenes, such as Jackcomforting his brother whilst interrogating him. The CTU love-tangle was a bit ridiculous as well (Morris-Chloe-Mylo-Nadia-Doyle... all they needed was for Morris to make a drunken pass at Doyle and it would've been a full on love-pentagon, with a gay kiss thrown in for good measure).

Long live Jack Bauer and 24!