Monday 9:00 PM on FOX Premiered Nov 06, 2001 Between Seasons

wwe_fanatic

24 Fan Reviews (1361)

• Batman with blood

As a 69 year old widower watching all eight seasons of "24" helped me get through a lot of lonely days. That being said after just watching the season eight finale I have a few comments.

When "24" first came on my logical self didn't watch it because I couldn't handle the impossible notion that everything happened within 24 hours. However having watched entire series I'd missed like "Alais" and "The Shield" there were none left except "24". I was hooked after the second episode and came to accept that all the action could occur with Jack within ten minutes of the next location he had to get to.

There are some blogs where viewers debate who the most villainess villain was. I have to say hands down it was Charles Logan. I found his "maybe he'll survive his poorly aimed suicide gunshot, and maybe in season nine he'll turn up alive" a satisfying end for him. I liked how Jack proved what we always knew: he was a wet your pants sniveling narcissistic coward, unlike most of the other sociopaths Jack had to dispatch who at least had a cause they believed in.

The lasted episode: The only thing I'd wished was that when Jack had Logan in his sights he demanded that he hold up a glass object from the desk so Jack could shatter it with a bullet from his Third-Generation FN SCAR-L, 5.56x45mm. We could have actually seen him loose bladder control. Of course to be logical, then the Russian guards would have been tipped off if he'd done this.

I liked that Keifer Sutherland at 5' 8 1/2" is exactly as tall as me. He isn't some kind of muscle bound Rambo (Stalone is 5' 9") or over six foot Schwarzenegger.

Now to Chloe. She has my vote for the most evolving character, which is probably why the writers and Sutherland himself decided to keep her through the entire series. It was satisfying to watch as a deep platonic loved developed between Jack and Chloe and the only thing clear but not verbalized at the very end was that Jack reciprocated the same platonic love it was obvious Chloe had for him. I do think she "got it" though, and knowing that Jack being Jack, this was the closest he'd come to saying he loved her.

Of course Chloe is the ultimate brainiac, and not counting Jack's street smarts, she was the smartest person on the series. I think it was great that she got to kill someone (season four) and thought her reaction was totally in character: "Edgar, I appreciate your concern. I really do. It's just that when I shot that guy I thought I'd go all fetal position, but the truth is I didn't feel anything, at all. I hope I'm not some kind of a psychopath.

Like all of you I am looking forward to season nine and wish they'd do 24 episodes instead of just 12 as is currently being considered. No movie for "24" please, it is meant to be a marathon viewing experience.

The only gripe I have with the show is in the "shameless commerce" department. Almost all of the time when it fits the plot (and sometimes when it doesn't) and characters are watching the news or it is on the TV in the background, it is tuned to Fox News. NCIS (and JAG before it) used the fictional ZNN. They could have used their own network news channels.