3 South

MTV - Music Television (ended 2003)

Lazy_TV_fan

3 South Fan Reviews (18)

• even though its from MTV this show isn't really interesting to watch

3 South was a short-lived cartoon on MTV. The show focused on two life-long friends, Sanford and Del, and their adventures at the fictional Barder College. With the exception of their roommate Joe, everyone on campus is incredibly stupid and inept. Nonetheless, the idiotic, irresponsible, and thoughtless Sanford and Del are portrayed as the series' heroes.
  • 3 South was a short-lived cartoon on MTV. The show focused on two life-long friends, Sanford and Del, and their adventures at the fictional Barder College. With the exception of their roommate Joe, everyone on campus is incredibly stupid and inept.

3 South was a short-lived cartoon on MTV. The show focused on two life-long friends, Sanford and Del, and their adventures at the fictional Barder College. With the exception of their roommate Joe, everyone on campus is incredibly stupid and inept. Nonetheless, the idiotic, irresponsible, and thoughtless Sanford and Del are portrayed as the series' heroes, whereas the responsible, level-headed, greatly intelligent Joe is the de-facto villain in most episodes, occupying a "Frank Burns"-esque role on the show.

The series was created by Family Guy veteran writer Mark Hentemann, based on a short film he had created years earlier. It is to-date the only animated series produced for MTV by Warner Bros. Animation.

• Hakysak89@aol.com P.S. I love \"3 South!!!!!!!\"

Hakysak89@aol.com would like a copy of the hilarious 3 South on DVD. This was one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. I have been trying to find a copy online somewhere for years. If you\'re serious about this, then you are a godsend. If you would like to contact me further, I am at Hakysak89@aol.com. Thank you, and I pray that this offer hasn't expired!!!
  • Sanford and Del are two idiot freshmen at Barder College. The show revolves around them and the students in their dorm, including overachiever Joe who can't stand being surrounded by idiots.

Man, I loved this show. I was really disappointed when MTV pulled it before even letting the first season finish playing out. This show needs a DVD release really bad.

The humor was laugh-out-loud great. Family Guy Story Editor Mark Hentemann worked on and voiced Joe in the show. Other Family Guy voice actors appeared as well, including Alex Borstein, Lori Alan, and Brian Posehn.

It really portrayed dorm life well in a comical way. This series is every bit as good (or better) as more popular cartoon sitcoms like Family Guy and American Dad. It just didn't get a chance.

But if it had, we can bet that Sanford and Del would still be at Barder College, probably still freshman. Joe by now would have gone on to medical school.
  • This was a great show that was centered upon two hapless dimwit freshman college students. Their dormitory roommate is the opposite.

This was a great show. Not quite as good as recent Simpsons episodes, but it was just as good as the early Simpsons. I agree with the first review of this show. Comedy Central could buy the rights to this show from MTV at a very good price and they could turn it into a hit. I wish someone would put 3 South out on DVD. I would buy that today!
  • Too funny!!!

Outlaw if you still have any dvds I am more than interested. Contact me at majere616@aol.com I love this show, it has been forever since I have seen them. Although I recently caught some clips on youtube, and boy did they bring back some memories. This is a show that could really have a chance now. With adult swim and comedy central doing all kinds of alternate cartoon programing, and the fact that there are so many off beat toons out there. It amazes me that more people don\'t know about this show. In fact besides this site, I only know one other person who even remembers it.
  • outlaw3654, I would like info on your DVD set. Please e-mail me at BigVince5249@yahoo.com. Thanks.

This show was so freacking funny, my college buddies and I used to quote the Ha Gee Gee Gee laugh all the time. I would love to get this show on DVD and it annoys me that they took it off of the air. It was the same way with the series Undeclared. It stunk that Fox pulled that show as well, as it was also extremely funny. Well, hopefully we can get this on DVD soon.
  • Outlaw are you still selling the dvds?

Hey Outlaw, I\'d definitely love to buy the episodes of 3-south if you are still selling them. My e-mail is welshja@jmu.edu ... Just let me know, thanks. I\'ve definitely been checking it out this past week on MTV2 and it definitely made me remember just how great this show was ....ugh the only reason I wrote that last sentence was to try and get up to the stupid 100 word count for the review. And this sentence actually is for the same friggin\' reason. And this sentence is for all the ladies out there ....(nope I lied, it\'s just to get my 100 words). WOOOOOOOOOO!
  • It seems like they are still in production for this show. Maybe We'll get a pleasant surprise?

3-South has that mind-numbing sense of humor going on, which kind of reminds you of Beavis and Butthead. f i l l e r t i m e f i l l e r t i m e f i l l e r t i m e f i l l e r t i m e f i l l e r t i m e f i l l e r t i m e grab a cold one, and enjoy 3-South. Oh wait.. you can't.. Cuz it's not out on DVD yet! ! ! ! !
  • oulaw. i would thoroughly enjoy this dvd. hyunt917@yahoo.com

outlaw. i would really. really. enjoyy this Digital Video Disc. the show is funny. it is hilarious. it is a cartoon. i. need. 77 more words to finish this minimum. so ill just keep going with how much i want the dvd. hopefully your still doing it. i understand you posted a long time ago. but if you do get this i would enjoy a copy. itd make me happy. because the show is funny. it is hilarious. it is a cartoon. the episode with the chimichangas was unbelievable. 11 more words left. seven. six. five. four. three. two. one. PLEASE.
  • Outlaw, I want the DVD\'s UCW2THEBONE@AOL.COM

Outlaw, I would like the 3 South DVD set, my email adress is UCW2THEBONE@AOL.COM PLEEEEEASE get back to me ASAP! My friend and I loved this show when we were in highschool and I absoloutely would love to have this classic on DVD. It shouldnt have been canceled! UCW2THEBONE@AOL.COM!!! Get back at me Outlaw!
  • Outlaw: I would like a 3 south dvd. tessablackman@msn.com

Outlaw: I would like a 3 south dvd.
    tessablackman@msn.com

I saw this when I was in college and saw characters like those in 3 south everyday in the dorms. Now that I\'m done with college, I\'d love to nostalgically look back.

I would love the dvd, please emial as soon as possible. thank you.
  • I have looked EVERYWHERE for this dvd. mobgoblin@gmail.com please!

I have looked everywhere for this dvd. I assumed they didn't have a collection, so I was bummed, but I am SO glad you made a dvd! mobgoblin@gmail.com
    I am forever grateful. Please email me soon, I need this. My brother and I are so sad that it doesn't air anymore.
  • Two of the dumbest college students of all time and some of the funniest voices make for one hell of a show. barry1082@yahoo.com I need this dvd.

barry1082@yahoo.com. I've never laughed so hard for any other television show. I watched MTV for hours one day just to hopefully catch it again after the first time I saw it. Ive been looking for these dvds as well since the show was done. So if you still have some, I want the hook up.
  • wow1029@aol.com this was one of the greatest cartoons of all time how could it be cancelled? i want the dvds of this.!!!! this had so much life in it i wished adult swim would pick it up!!

as stated above it was so funny and had so much more to give after all del and crew had at least lol 3 more years of college left just think.i miss it so much.the laughs were countless and i am still very upset mtv=moron tv cancelled this awesome show.
  • warmbier77@hotmail.com

Hey Outlaw, I was just wondering if you could sell me the 3 South DVD. My email address is warmbier77@hotmail.com. I was also wondering if I could just send you money through PayPal??? Thanks man. warmbier77@hotmail.com warmbier77@hotmail.com warmbier77@hotmail.com warmbier77@hotmail.com warmbier77@hotmail.com warmbier77@hotmail.com warmbier77@hotmail.com warmbier77@hotmail.com warmbier77@hotmail.com warmbier77@hotmail.com warmbier77@hotmail.com warmbier77@hotmail.com warmbier77@hotmail.com warmbier77@hotmail.com warmbier77@hotmail.com
  • Trying to get 3 south dvd from outlaw3654. HaHaColors22@aol.com

Outlaw, I am very interested in the 3 south dvd if you are still doing it. My email is
    HaHaColors22@aol.com
    Please let me know if you are still doing this. This show was excellent and too many people havent even heard of it. I miss this show a lot. Please get back to me when you can. Now ignore the rest of this....a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a.
  • This show was great and it got cancelled do to bad management of Mtv

This show was great and it got cancelled do to bad management of Mtv. This show was barely if at all was commercialized. I know if Comedy Central would pick it up it could come back and be a great show. If you like Simpsons, Family Guy, or American Dad then you will like this show.