30 Days

Animal Rights

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jun 17, 2008 on Planet Green

7.8
  • He lives with a family which probably most folks would imagine more stand-off-ish than they actually are. He starts to see that there is a lot of substance to the family's arguments and good reasons to live as they do.

I was stunned to see how well-composed and calm Ms. Karpel and her family remained despite more-than-moderate heckling from their visitor and others. The episode probably annoys a great many people who, like myself, have grown up under the assumption that there is little or no problem with using animals as we see fit and aren't particularly eager to make adjustments in their lives to help others. I hadn't though about virtually any of this beforehand, but now I've got a lot on my mind and am honestly don't think eating animals or wearing them sounds too particularly appealing to me, especially since I live with one (a cat). I've got a lot of thinking to do and will begrudgingly go watch all of PETA's videos to make up my own mind.