30 Days

Animal Rights

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jun 17, 2008 on Planet Green

7.7
  • Overblown attempt at Animal Rights vs Human Rights

I am an Omnivore and a Human. The rights I have are not the same as an Animal. I am Higher on the foodchain. I love Animals. I have 2 cats in my house who are my Pets, they are my fur-babies. I love them like my family. I love to eat Meat. However I am allergic to various things Two of which is Dairy and Shellfish. So I tend to eat a healthier diet. I live eating Vegetarian and many of the aspects of the Vegan diet also appeal to me as well. However the whole PETA thing is disturbing to me. This guy George the Hunter who goes to Los Angeles and is forced to live with a family of PETA activists who are Vegan is appalling. These PETA People are simply put overzealous and as bad as any KKK or Neo-Nazi person out there. This show was messy. I liked the guy who had to sit/stand and be forced fed this stuff. He was a good ol boy who was MORE Open AND Accepting than the PETA Family he was stuck with. There is nothing Wrong With Eating Meat.
    I personally don't agree with Hunters or Hunting but On the same side I don't think Harassing people as PETA does is the way to spread your message.