30 Days

Atheist/Christian

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Aug 09, 2006 on Planet Green

• "At any point during this documentary did the atheist actually speak to a priest."

At any point during this documentary did the atheist actually speak to a priest. I mean she might of as I may have just zoned out and don't plan on watching the episode again to argue my point but they're probably one of the few people who would be able to put forward the best argument for the existence of god. Unfortunately the family are going to struggle in providing a coherent argument given that their not as well versed in situtations where their faith is being questioned unlike a priest who I would imagine would deal with these issues quite frequently. I would also like to comment on the commonly used argument put forward that it is wrong to spend money on building churches or the infrastructure surrounding religion. Understandibly many religions do not spend the money donated as effectively as everyone would hope but followers to continue practicing organised religions still need a place of worship which does provide many services to the community similiar to that of schools, librarys, parks including many charitable works which are intended to support believers and non-believers. In summary while I really enjoy this documentary format but was very disappointed with how poorly the arguments were constructed and it's bias towards the minority.