30 Days

Atheist/Christian

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Aug 09, 2006 on Planet Green

• Horrible host family!

I absolutely can't believe the way the father treated his guest! He even had to 'remind' his children not to be mean to the atheist children---how ridiculous is that??? He reminds me of a guy who thinks he knows everything and that your opinion isn't worth beans in his eyes. The atheist was very right on soo many levels all throughout the show. I cringe when I think about what she had to go through with that family! I feel like they were rude, insensitive, and a far cry from what I feel a Christian should be.

I don't want to say that they are bad people, they are obviously not, but they really handled the whole situation terribly. By the way, these really are how American Christians are. *shudders* Instead of changing my beliefs, though, I enhanced them. When you go to the Bible itself and read what it says and actually live it, you become such a remarkable and loving person that no one could possibly have a valid reason to persecute you (people will, of course, but you won't be at fault!).

So please, don't take that family's misbehavior as what Christianity actually looks like. In fact, throw out their megachurch too. That's not Christianity either. (the Bible actually states that there should be a separation of church and state; and to love all regardless of their beliefs; not to badger people and force them into your religion by persecuting them and forcing them to pledge allegiance to a nation 'under God').