30 Days

Binge Drinking Mom

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jul 20, 2005 on Planet Green

• I hope this episode changes college.

6.4
    After watching this episode, I was confusingly upset. After knowing how drunk and unresponsible American college students are, I'm full of doubts of even entering college.

Just as what the daughter said, she said when she was younger, she was completely against drugs and alcohal. But now that she's in college, she's convinced that she doesn't have to care and she can just go "have fun" unresposibly, not even having a single one of her logics she had when she was younger. I'm afraid that I might be convinced with all the rest of the students too.

The Date Rape issue is just unbelievable. These girls know what exactly they're heading into, but they'd rather take the risk of getting pregnent by an utterly unknown rapist then just stop drinking instead. How foolish and stupid of them!

I can bet that the daughter is going to die of liver disease when she gets older. Is it really worth it? Does "FUN" have to be like that? Why can't students find a safer and more mature way to have fun and enjoy life?