30 Days

Binge Drinking Mom

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jul 20, 2005 on Planet Green

• Definitely a different world from mine.

4.5
    I like Morgan and his show, but the point of view was skewed pretty badly in this one. None of the drinking in the show shocked or surprised me at all. In my heavy drinking days, any social gathering I went to included drinking. But even the most sober in the crowd had like 10 drinks that night. And that's not the heavy drinkers and party monsters who'd drink upwards of 24 beer easily [Canadian beer, not that light american stuff]. And that's just on a Saturday night when people have no work the next day. Nobody was in college and that's an average get together.

It's like the beer commercials where four guys go to the Liquor Store and pick up a six pack. I laugh every time.

I'm not saying alcohol doesn't cause problems for people or anything. But if you're going to show drinking, this was pretty light weight. I don't know if I'm living in a place so different from Morgan, but any average person off the street here could outdrink that mom on a Tuesday afternoon with no notice. So it just wasn't the shocker it intended to be.