30 Days Forums

Planet Green (ended 2008)

What 30 days do you want to see?

kitty_girl_123

[1]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 33
    I want to see an Athiest live 30 days with a family strong for their religion. I also want to see a spoiled rich person live 30 days with a family that has very little, but still works very hard.

What about you?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ShraZ_Zy

[2]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 6
    pro-choice pro-life

i hope they use a rape victim who's 16 years old who can't have a choice to an abortion

lbcyber

[3]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 10

A rich heir living as a student on Financial Aid. That, I think, would be an important wake-up call.
    Edited on 08/04/2006 11:13am

jmcvann

[4]Aug 5, 2006
    • level: 1

Since the show, which I do like, seems (so far) to pick people who "need to be enlightened," I would like to see the opposite show. I'd like to see a devout Christian picked to live with an atheist family.

They should do both shows. That would be an interesting comparison!

rc8292

[5]Aug 5, 2006
    • level: 11
    jmcvann wrote:

Since the show, which I do like, seems (so far) to pick people who "need to be enlightened," I would like to see the opposite show. I'd like to see a devout Christian picked to live with an atheist family.

They should do both shows. That would be an interesting comparison!

yeah, i would agree. i'd rather see the christian living with an atheist since it is mostly the religious who take their fight to an unbeliever. but doing both would be interesting.

one i would really like to see is something dealing with welfare. it does touch a bit close to minimum wage but specifically the issue of welfare is an important one to touch, since it deals with the poor's involvement with the government.

Edited on 08/09/2006 3:05pm

botched_messiah

[6]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 9
    As much as having a devoted Christian and atheist trade places sounds interesting, it could end up a bit too much like one of those creepy 'Wife Swap' shows, only with more mildly interesting factoids.

How about getting someone who survives on next to know money living with the richest of the rich - it'd be an interesting experience for both him and his host family.

vokilj

[7]Aug 9, 2006
    • level: 10
    It seems weird that the atheist will be living with the Christian. It seems like all Americans are exposed to the Christian life style and its not like we all aren't, lived, or known a Christian very well. It would be more intresting if the Christian lived with the Atheist because they aren't usually exposed to it.

MorrigansWitch

[8]Aug 9, 2006
    Since this woman (8-9-06 ep)  has a background in Christianity, I really think it would be important for a Christian to visit other religious households.   Have one visit an Atheist Household, have a Christian visit a Wiccan or Pagan household.   Let the Christian Community see how the rest of the world lives.  Other Families live without "Christ" why do they have to force it down everyone else's throats?

Amy Blackthorn
    http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a=usfl&c=white&id=1938

rc8292

[9]Aug 9, 2006
    • level: 11

I was on the 30days website on fx and came across the "30 days experience" segment and found some really intriguing suggestions that would make sense for next season.  which ones would interest you?

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/30days/

• Being Homeless (Feels kinda like the minimum wage issue but more extreme and an interesting issue.)
    • Drive a Big Rig (Not many political issues to touch upon here but their work is underestimated IMO.)
    • Live in a wheelchair or blindfolded (Just one of those "in your shoes" things.)
    • Live in a fatsuit (Same as above but about the issue of weight and people's treatment of others.)

There are others that are interesting, albeit not worth the time.  I think Homelessness would be the top of my wishlist for next season.  Anyone have anymore or comments?

frogman27

[10]Aug 10, 2006
    I'd like to see an anti gun lobbyist spend a month with a family of card toting NRA members.

frogman27

[11]Aug 10, 2006
    I'd like to see a hunter spend 30 days with a PETA family, or maybe a vegitarian family.
    Edited on 08/10/2006 11:50am

frogman27

[12]Aug 10, 2006
    And finally, I'd like to see someone who works for an oil company spend 30 days in a green house that doesn't abuse our enviroment.

frogman27

[13]Aug 10, 2006
    thought of one more. Id like to see a smoker spend 30 days in the house of someone suffering from lung cancer. Talk about something that should be an eye opener.

Minarvia

[14]Aug 10, 2006
    • level: 39
    frogman27 wrote:
    I'd like to see a hunter spend 30 days with a PETA family, or maybe a vegitarian family.

What about a person that is a vegitarian spend some time with a farm family or a family that is invloved with commerical fishing? And manybe even get them invloved with the work that these people have to do to earn a living.

frogman27

[15]Aug 11, 2006
    frogman27 wrote:
    And finally, I'd like to see someone who works for an oil company spend 30 days in a green house that doesn't abuse our enviroment.

My wife suggested someone from an oil company should spend 30 days witha family that is directly affected by the cost of fuel, like a trucker.

PikeBishop

[16]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 31
    I'd like to see your average anti-war, head up their ass, "Bush is Hitler" college student spend 30 days patrolling Baghdad with an army unit of students his or her age.

ponz

[17]Aug 12, 2006

The people in Iraq dislike or hate us. They believe we will burn in hell forever. Do you really think we should be

"helping" people who cry "death to America" and burn the American flag.

You need to live by what is "real". If you wish reality why not take a walk through Bagdad and see what happens to you?

David C Taylor

ponz

[18]Aug 12, 2006

The people in Iraq dislike or hate us. They believe we will burn in hell forever. Do you really think we should be

You need to live by what is "real". If you wish reality why not take a walk through Bagdad and see what happens to you?

David C Taylor

frogman27

[19]Aug 15, 2006
    ponz wrote:

David C Taylor

I agree this happens, but I don't know what portion of the population it represents, and I doubt we'll find out watching US news. We get a very skewed report of what's happening in the world, and a lot of what we believe to be "fanaticals" is our own fault. Our government has tampered and interfered with countires the world over under the guise of protecting the american way of life. What they were really protecting was money and oil resources.

Yes, some Iraqis hate us. Some love us. Some probably couldn't care less. All we see are the ones our news brings to us to get ratings.

insomniac360

[20]Aug 17, 2006
    • level: 21
    I would be interesting of a white supremacist had to live with a black family or an interracial family.