30 Days Forums

Planet Green (ended 2008)

What 30 days do you want to see?

LincolnBurrows

[21]Aug 18, 2006
    • level: 7

I agree with the smoker, NRA and big oil ideas.

I really still want to see someone who is white live with a black family.   FX kind of stole my idea with the show Black/White, but that was such a disaster because of the people involved that it didn't really work. 

Putting a white supremisist into a primarily black neighborhood would be a good start though.   It'd be like American History X.    Though, sadly, his fellow haters would probably just kill him instead of believing what he had to say.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

geawiel

[22]May 17, 2008
    • level: 1

i'd love to see a show on being a recently medically retired (and disabled) military member. i'm going through it now, being medically retired in july 07, and we've only barely been able to keep in our house. finacially we're done for (meeting with a bankruptcy lawyer in a few days) and its like pulling teeth to get anything done through the VA or get an appointment most times. as for support on the military side, its like i don't exist to them anymore. i know i can't be the only one that is in this situation either as i know of at least 3 others that i worked with that are going through sort of the same deal. the VA system moves so slow to get disability paperwork through, and the system is completely overloaded. then, as in my case, if you don't have the proper diagnosis before filing, you get a lot lower disability rating then what you likely are. my paperwork says i can work, when in reality i'm on 2000mg of vicodin per day to kill the nerve pain enough to be able to get out of bed and even then its not plesent (most likely due to periferal neuropathy, which i had to research just to find). since most of the military docs i came in contact with for the 2 years i was trying to get help either didn't know what to do with me or didn't care i never got the proper diagnosis before i was retired.

DrLar

[23]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 10
    That immigrant episode was nice, but I wanted to see the guy actually going to the ordeal of border crossing thru the river and Arizona desert with few water and supplies, running from patrols and minuteman, spending time inside an 18-wheeler w/o water in 110 degree heat.

Another minimum wage living in Mexico, related to the above suggestion, if living with minimum wage in the US is though, try Mexico or another 3rd world country.

Reversed PETA episode... one of the PETA leave in a slaugherhouse, although he/she may not last a day, they do make a living from it.

Also a blindfolded for 30 days would be interesting.

Oh_Seriously

[24]Jun 13, 2008

More than someone working for an oil company, I'd like to see your average SUV driving, water wasting, polluting American Family living for a month with an eco-friendly family. Not somone who lives in a hut in the middle of nowhere surviving on moss or something, but just a family with your average comodities who shop and live in an eco-friendly manner. That would be a real eye-opener because I'm sure the wasteful American can see that it really isn't so hard to make even just a few changes without sarificing a comfortable life-style.

I'm not sure this is something the guy working for the oil company would learn (I'd actually put him in with someone who's job it is to clean up pollution).

Doug158

[25]Jun 17, 2008
    • level: 2
    I want to see one of these young People who has a problem with how Police do their jobs spend 30 days living with a Police Officer and their Family and have to ride with the Officer when they are working and see all of diffirent situations Officers have to deal with everyday

aurora212

[26]Jun 18, 2008

I would like to see a "younger" more middle aged couple with child/children living on a fixed income. More specificly Social Security Disability.

My husband and I are in this situation and are in our late 30's and our son is 10. People don't understand and give us looks when we park in handicap like we're not the right age, etc. Working people and those who have the ability to provide for their family with pay raises, multiple jobs, etc would really get an eye openeing experience. And America could sure use a look into how many NON-elderly disabled their are that are on fixed incomes. It's not easy to pay the bills and get your meds plus go to the doctor when you get LESS than minimum wage and the government has you wait 2 years to get Medicare and then CHARGES you for it. Reducing your income further. Say bye-bye to any future family vacations and God forbid an appliance or the car breaks. How about the multitude that go homeless just waiting for SSA to be approved or those 40% who die waiting because they can't get the proper medical care with the funds and the government tells them that they don't qualify for other programs that should help them; because the goverment is pressuring the social workers to turn people down and belittle them as an act to turn them away to save the States money.

Oh yeah and P.S. We don't live where there is public transportation.

Sorry about the rant. . . just that we've been throught this and are living this and I would LOVE to see it brought to light.

marvelfan89

[27]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 39

PikeBishop wrote:
    I'd like to see your average anti-war, head up their ass, "Bush is Hitler college student spend 30 days patrolling Baghdad with an army unit of students his or her age.

Or maybe a gun trotten soldier who hates Iraq spend thirty days with an Iraqi family presumably a family that has lost a love one due to all the bombs since the war started and see if he actually knows what's it like to really ben Irai in Iraqi before he shrugs them as a potential "terrorist" that is the episode hasn't been done already.

cbreseman

[28]Jul 6, 2008
    • level: 8
    I'd LOVE to see a Pro-Miliary family take in a anti-war activist to show them their side of their debate and how much it hurts the military families to see someone that says they don't support what the military families put their lives on the line for...

windseeker15

[29]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 9
    cbreseman wrote:
    I'd LOVE to see a Pro-Miliary family take in a anti-war activist to show them their side of their debate and how much it hurts the military families to see someone that says they don't support what the military families put their lives on the line for...

well that show would only last five minutes. Anti war activits aren't anti-soldier, they're anti the governement thats lying to and using soldiers to do their dirty work.

CreativeRuthany

[30]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 6

PikeBishop wrote:
    I'd like to see your average anti-war, head up their ass, "Bush is Hitler college student spend 30 days patrolling Baghdad with an army unit of students his or her age.

That sounds like a good idea, that way, the kid sees how lucky he/she really is.

I know they did a minimum wage one, but have someone who's against it spend 30 day with just minimum wage. Which wouldn't be a bad idea if the show went opposite for a season.

Myschly

[31]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 9
    geawiel wrote:

i'd love to see a show on being a recently medically retired (and disabled) military member. i'm going through it now, being medically retired in july 07, and we've only barely been able to keep in our house. finacially we're done for (meeting with a bankruptcy lawyer in a few days) and its like pulling teeth to get anything done through the VA or get an appointment most times. as for support on the military side, its like i don't exist to them anymore. i know i can't be the only one that is in this situation either as i know of at least 3 others that i worked with that are going through sort of the same deal. the VA system moves so slow to get disability paperwork through, and the system is completely overloaded. then, as in my case, if you don't have the proper diagnosis before filing, you get a lot lower disability rating then what you likely are. my paperwork says i can work, when in reality i'm on 2000mg of vicodin per day to kill the nerve pain enough to be able to get out of bed and even then its not plesent (most likely due to periferal neuropathy, which i had to research just to find). since most of the military docs i came in contact with for the 2 years i was trying to get help either didn't know what to do with me or didn't care i never got the proper diagnosis before i was retired.

That would truly be interesting. Why not have someone who's hardcore right who wants us to go to war with Iran, stay in Iraq and Afghanistan, and thinks statistics about injured and homeless veterans are exaggerated stay with you? Let them see what happens to some of the young men and women they want us to send away. Let them see what your life is like after the war, how you get by, and let the extreme pro-war side hear from someone who they can't blame for being "unpatriotic communist anti-troops". Even though I don't know where you stand on political issues, I'm betting it'd be a very interesting episode.