30 Days Forums

Planet Green (ended 2008)

"Working in a Coal Mine" episode discussion

mtjaws

[1]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 22
    Please post your thoughts about the third season premiere of 30 Days here. Thanks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

IdiotBoxx

[2]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 10

I'm glad this show is back. I really enjoy them.

Very good episode. Apparently coal helps power 50% of all of our electricty needs in the United States. Coal mining is very dangerous work. Possibilty of getting black lung disease or worse death are some of the risks. There are are many enivormental issues w/ coal. Pollution and destroying the land.

Workers get paid about $60,000 a year and that seems to be what motivates people to take on ths line of work since many other jobs in the state pay much less.

It would be nice if we could look for alternatives to coal. There is solar and wind power, but I don't know how much those really produce. Those seem like good alternatives. I'm not even sure why we are sort of dragging our feet when it comes to looking at these alternatives. Hopefully we'll move past coal and we will have a alternative fuel source that is both safe for the workers and doesn't destroy our planet.

Looking forward to next week's episode.

rimnet00

[3]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 4
    WTF... I'm watching this episode, on FX.... and they just showed him washing his penis as he is gripping it. Since when is nudity allowed on FX????

IdiotBoxx

[5]Jun 12, 2008
    • level: 10

rimnet00 wrote:
    WTF... I'm watching this episode, on FX.... and they just showed him washing his penis as he is gripping it. Since when is nudity allowed on FX????

I didn't know what you were talking about at first, but I went back and watched the episode and there is a scene that does look like he is cleaning his penis w/ a brush. It's possible it could be some other body part. It was hard for me to tell. It wasn't very clear.

The episode was rated PG (for language), while the recent "30 days in a Wheelchair" episode had a MA rating (for language). The show also airs at 10pm on a cable channel, so maybe they can get away w/ it.

If it really was him washing his penis in the shower it was totally unnecessary to show that and I guess the FCC didn't catch it.

People can judge for themselves. Watch the video at http://www.tv.com/video/rzE2Y28XpVzARnPabmotMH_RydrafzOi/working-in-a-coal-mine?o=hulu

It is the shower scene at 13:58.

Besides the very brief nudity, the episode was pretty good.