30 Days

Gun Nation

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jul 01, 2008 on Planet Green

7.1
  • Good idea-Wrong execution

Repeatedly, Why are people who exercise their 2nd amendment rights referred to as gun nut or gun lovers?. I never here anti-gun zealots or anti-2nd amendments'ers. When media type go out to find gun owners they always manage to find the ones who seem like they right out of "Deliverance". What about the 98% of gun owners who are responsible everyday blue & white collar workers in this country who choose the exercise their constitutional rights and do it the normal way. 50 years ago guns were everywhere in this country. Kids in NYC rode the subway to school with rifles because their school had a shooting team they were on. No one flinched. The foundation of our constitution and the reason for the second amendment was not to plick tin cans. It was to keep the government in check and not walk all over our rights in case to the government got to big for itself. Well now we have a really big government and people want the government to take our firearms away so we can't defend our self's. PS when Rosie ODonnell disarms her body guards, maybe I will listen to her argument.