30 Days

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jul 26, 2006 on Planet Green

• A Minuteman, who legally migrated from Cuba in his childhood, lives with an illegal immigrant family.

This show just proved for me what I already believed. I personally believe illegal immigration is wrong. Here are some facts taken from the show that support my claim.

- Many illegal immigrants don\'t really want anything to do with Americans or even the United States, but are forced to come here to support and feed their families like Rigoberto.

- Coming here illegaly cheats yourself out of ever receiving the true \"American Dream\" like many illegal immigrants really want like Rigoberto\'s daughter and her hopes of being excepted to Princeton. Rigoberto and millions of others are exploited by American businesses.

- One of the biggest, if the not the biggest, is in fact the Mexican Government and the corruption in it. How they neglect all of their own problems and the United States is the one that addresses them through topics like this, illegal immigration. Noone living under the circumstances such as this family, wouldn\'t want to make something better for their family.

The thing is, there are billions of less fortunate people in this world but the United States can\'t take care of everyone. There is no doubt that illegal immigrants are great, loving and compassionate people, but we can\'t bring everyone over. We can\'t solve world poverty.