30 Days

Immigration

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jul 26, 2006 on Planet Green

• In this episode, a minuteman (Frank) is sent to live with a family of illegal immigrants for 30 days.

This show really put a human face on illegal immigrants. This is my favorite episode by far.

At the beginning of the episode I was leaning towards siding with the minuteman Frank but as the episode progressed Frank became irritating and I grew to love the illegal immigrant family.

Even though these people were illegal immigrants, its hard to blame them for coming here after viewing the portion of the episode where Frank traveled to the family's old home in Mexico. They pretty much lived outdoors with a tin roof. There was not even sanitized water to drink.

They seem to be really good people, especially the mother. One of their daughters was a straight A student and a Princeton hopeful. You really fell for these people.

At the end Frank claimed to love these people but wanted to send them back to the hellhole they came from. This really irritated me, Frank doesn't know the first thing about love.