30 Days

Life on an Indian Reservation

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jul 08, 2008 on Planet Green

• The episode left me with many mixed feelings such as the value of education, proud of the Navajo People facing such poverty,to wanting to establish Humanitarian efforts in this area and the realization that my Tribe has been truly blessed by the Creator.

I was truly touched by this episode due to the informative and Educational value that it had.I am from both Native American and Irish Culture.The episode showed the Navajo People to be a proud people in the face of diffucult situations.The people showed the importance of the continuance of the Navajo language to the young as well as the Cultural teachings to the next generations to follow.The episode showed the Dennisons,and Grandma to be a hard working people in a very poverty stricken area,lacking simple supplies and water. The episode also showed the reality that many tribal people must leave the reservation to find gainful employment elsewhere because of the lack of employment in the area.The episode also showed an elderly Medicine Man performing a sweat which I was surprised to see on television because it is so Sacred and Ceremonial.