30 Days

Off the Grid

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jul 13, 2005 on Planet Green

7.9
  • Not the series best episode, but still very informative. If you look around your room now and find you are very dependent on the luxuries of automation, electrisity and fossil fuels, then this episode is the one to watch. And everyone that watches this sh

Lets start off by saying i'm a big fan of this show. I loved it from the beginning, and like the fact that it puts pure opposites in the same environment. The show, in my oppinion, could just as well be called a reality check.

The two friends living off the grid for 30 days, I have nothing good to say about. They are really addicted to the way of life that is "the american way of life". They are the perfect pair for this episode, at times to perfect as they, in lack of a better word, whine alot.

This episode was a very informative one. I myself learned a great deal about the possibilities of alternate energy sources. Though the guys they are living with are very extreme in their ways of living, they do teach some valuable lessons that should be heard. I would not go out and start stomping "hu-manure" at once, but in moderation i think I may have something to add to their cause. The fact that if every one on the planet moderated themself just a bit will make a difference, and that really shows in this episode.