30 Days

Outsourcing

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Aug 02, 2006 on Planet Green

• Outsourcing to Asia is just another form of slavery and non-beneficial to the general U.S. public.

First, I've worked in the tech industry for many years, including the manufacturing sector and have witnessed first hand the impact of outsourcing American jobs to India. When watching this show I realize the producer was attempting to make us feel better about the whole idea, however it only made me feel stronger that we, the people, should not support, buy from companies that outsource over seas. For those readers who are African American, did the homes an poverty shown in this episode bring you to realize that this outsourcing is nothing more than finding a way to continue slavery? We have no right bringing our culture to these people let alone give them our jobs. The impact of our occupation in India has yet to show it's ugly face to the world. For those who run "global businesses" and say "a global economy helps the world" is full of it. It's their way of trying to hide the fact that they, the C level executives, are the only one's who benefit from outsourcing.