30 Days

Same Sex Parenting

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jun 24, 2008 on Planet Green

6.6
  • The controvercial same-sex parenting adoption is challenged on this episode. A morman woman stay with a gay couple who are working for gay adoptions, yet the woman Kati feels it is wrong by God's laws.

I felt that this episode of this fairly new show was informative because it did show each side, yet not always evenly. Tom and Denis are the couple that Kati stays with. The show did show how children raised in a same sex home do have some social and more problems then children raised in a mom and dad home and also showed how many children do not have homes and are left with horrific childhoods because they didn't have a home. I felt like the show was biased. The woman staying in the gay community was put down for speaking her opinion,yet she also brought herself into that situation by often getting a little too angry at the lesbian or gay parents. Overall, I felt the show accomplished nothing and although showing both sides, didn't give a full or fair story to each side. I would only recomend this show to people who are pro-gay families.