30 Days

Straight Man in a Gay World

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jul 06, 2005 on Planet Green

• This episode of 30 days was a fine example of how Americans love to find justification for hating. God hates no one people do. There are seven things God hates and only those seven things are mentioned in the Bible.

7.1
    To say that God hates any person or people based on race, sex, age, weight, or sexual orientation is to misrepresent God. Americans love to justify their hateful natures, and what better way to do that than to blame it on God. The key word here is HATE. Nowhere in the Bible does it specifically say God hates homosexuals or homosexuality. Nowhere does it say God hates any particular group of people based on something so trivial. God hates seven things and they all deal with human character, something much more important when determining how to feel about a person or group of people. God's opinion is based on the quality and strength of our character because that is what determines what kind of person one is. My point is, no one has the right to pick what part of the Bible they will take a stand on. Either you believe in the whole word or you don't. In fact, the Bible speaks on those who think to straddle the fence. There is no such things as warm, either you're hot or cold. None of us are in a position to judge and condemn anyone else because none of us abide by the whole word. If we did we wouldn't hate so easily. Jesus didn't feel compelled to speak on two topics some humans have made major issues. Homosexuality is one of the issue of which I speak. Again the Bible teaches us character if we are open to receive such a message. It does not teach us hate. What kind of world would it be if everyone allowed everyone else to live the lives they are born into without being judged? What kind of wonderful things could we learn from each other? God does not hate homosexuals, but he does hate the Greedy, the lazy, the lustful, the gluttons, the prideful, the wrathful, and the envious. All of these attributes deal with the character of an individual, and to think some of us admire so many of those who encompass all of these traits, and despise those who display none of them.